So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Do you understand how people with loads of money work at a blue blood university like OK?

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Mediocre is contextual as you noted

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If we just had 2 or 3 starters healthy we win 2 more games

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems like a fundamental law of human psychology that the more money you have, the less impressed you are with anything or anyone.

A-Smith and zehr27 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hell yes it was. They weren't the Ga of today by any means though.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They weren’t, but…I don’t think their offense crossed the 30 all day. The completeness of the dominance was jaw-dropping.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

meh. Always good to beat them but that Ga team lost to Ky that year too. They ended reg season unranked and 7-5. Average team but yes a well coached and prepared team that game.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin told the team he wouldn't lose to UGA as the head coach, he told recruits he wouldn't and then went out there and curb stomped UGA

9. Tar Volon

I mean yeah, and the Missouri team we beat this year ended up 6-6, but dropping 60 on them was still pretty damn impressive.

chavisut likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

no I guess not. They care more about being right/powerful than winning?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

They didn’t get rich by second-guessing all their decisions. Now truth is there was luck along the way but with it comes a deep belief in their calls.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Interestingly enough, successful entrepreneurs don't tend to have an attribution bias (unduly attributing success to themselves rather than external circumstances), at least at the beginning. Unsuccessful ones do though. Turns out that a skewed view of reality hurts you in business.

Now once they're 55 years old and have 100 million dollars, they might start believing their own PR. But it's hard to argue with them at that point.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think there’s a big difference in those that get rich by being an entrepreneur than the most common way of getting rich by just steadily investing and living below their means.

That’s the one thing as I’ve gotten older is seeing how many people I would have used to call rich that just are heavily leveraged and living way beyond their means and it doesn’t take much of a wobble for it to all come crashing in on them

. They’re all big hat and no cattle

Memtownvol and Savage Orange like this.
  15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

True. The wealthiest folks I know don’t “look rich” and the brokest-ass folks I know all wear the latest designer clothes/shoes, drive Tesla’s or BMW’s and love to flash their Rolex watches… to be sure, I know a fair amount of really rich folks that do all that too but it’s mainly the people who put on airs that don’t have two cash nickels to rub together because they’re covered up in credit card debt…

justingroves likes this.
  16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The big money folks are a specific breed. Not a lot of room for self doubt but their gut has served them well.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    zehr27 likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The problem with money people is they know business but then think that means they know football. See Jerry Jones

Daddy Gee, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Our OL was extremely limited the majority of this season but that doesn't come close to Kiffin winning with two 270lbs. walk-ons starting up front all season.

19. Tar Volon

This is a problem that you see with a lot of people who are super accomplished in a particular field—especially one with some prestige. Just assume that of course they’re smart enough to handle [some less prestigious field].

TDVol1989 likes this.
  20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

God bless the Sullins twins. But, our team this year was heavily handicapped by the LB corp as well. I'm gonna call it a push.