So is Notre Dame for real?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Oct 27, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

It may not be the best Oklahoma team in recent memory, but that's a hell of a good win. The season ender against the fighting Kiffins seems to be the biggest hurdle left to going undefeated, and that doesn't look as daunting after USC's loss to Arizona.

When the hell did Brian Kelly become a defensive coach and Bob Stoops become a fling it around offensive guy?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Kelly can coach. No doubt about it.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

As much as I hate to say it, they're for real. they do it the old fashioned way, too. maybe not alabama-for-real, but legit top 5.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I was at the game against Michigan earlier this year. I wasn't that impressed with the offense, but the defense really is for real.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hate them, but they're for real

6. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Unfortunately they are....I would at least respect them if they would grow a nutsack and join a conference.

7. Milo

Milo New Member

8-0...speaks for itself.

Pittsburgh, @ BC, WF, & @ USC remain...10-2 or even undefeated is a real possibility. But even if undefeated no "Big Dance" for the Golden Domers unless Alabama, Oregon, and/or K-State have a meltdown.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Defense is legit, no doubt. The rest of their schedule is begging them to go undefeated.

9. cotton

I'll be shocked if at least one of those teams don't have a loss at the end. Voters will love an undefeated ND, and so will computers with wins over Michigan, Mich State, Stanford, Oklahoma, and USC .

10. Milo

Milo New Member

Given their schedules...

Alabama - @ LSU, TAMU, Western Carolina, and Auburn

Oregon - @ USC, @ CAL, Stanford, & @ OR ST

K-ST - OK ST, @ TCU, @ BAYLOR, & Texas

ND - Pitt, @ BC, WF, & @ USC

Of the four Alabama goes undefeated, a one loss team from the remaining three and the nod (for reasons you mentioned) goes to ND. Frankly, I'm on the bubble w/ Oregon, they too could go undefeated. One of Stanford and OR ST may beat the Ducks---I do not see two losses for Oregon.

Early prediction --- Alabama vs. Oregon BCSNC gm.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Nobody in the country does a better job of stopping the run. They're not pretty, but they're gritty. The trip to Los Angeles will be a tough one...but that's the only test left on their schedule.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

All I know is Alabama or Oregon would kill them.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Oregon likely to lose one. KState not.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Bill Snyder is the GOAT no one wants to talk about.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not about Snyder for me. Oregon's schedule is much, much tougher. The Big 12 is just pathetic this year.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There are callers to Knoxville sports radio comparing him to Fulmer and asking for Phil to get his second chance.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Sc will beat either nd or Oregon, if not both. They just matchup too well and sc is virtually unbeatable in those home night games

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Only time in sports history that this has worked. Sc rehired John Robinson, disaster. Stanford rehired bill Walsh, mediocre.

19. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

I can't help but think their QB's will eventually be their downfall, but Kelly is a good coach.

The hype they gain this year will only help going forward.

20. cotton

I haven't seen Okie St. Just looking at results, they seem dangerous but inconsistent.