So It Sounds Like the Team Has Quit

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 26, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not that this is anything new or earth-shattering to anyone, but it just hasn't been talked about that much in the midst of everything else. Just figured it deserved its own thread.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Well, there's one sure fire way to fix that.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Take 1 Gruden, that will fix everything!

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Expected. I'm sure the players are well aware the Dooley is done. Not much left to play for, other than pride, and this team didn't have much of that to begin with.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've also heard talk that some seniors didn't even want to go down to Athens, and that the players-only Come to Jesus meeting a couple of weeks ago was contentious as well.

Hard to believe anybody thinks we don't need to get this guy outta here ASAP.

Also hear that the players love the rest of the staff.

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

They quit last ear.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dooley needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY. I don't know why that isn't being done.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sunday bloody Sunday

When Hart comes to watch practice because he's heard the team is dogging it, you know you're ****ed.

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Also heard there was some near brawls in the come to Jesus players meetings as well.

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Another embarrassing nationally televised performance. Cool.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Uh, maybe that's all part of Dooley's "process".

He just needs more time, and he'll prove all of you non-believers wrong.

He's like President Obama - landed a giant gig that he was unqualified to hold, unsurprisingly flubbed it, and is now trying to get you to believe that the next few years are all that matter - and that the previous three are unimportant.

And both will be out of a job come January.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Uh, maybe that's all part of Dooley's "process".

He just needs more time, and he'll prove all of you non-believers wrong.

He's like President Obama - landed a giant gig that he was unqualified to hold, unsurprisingly flubbed it, and is now trying to get you to believe that the next few years are all that matter - and that the previous three are unimportant.

And both will be out of a job come January.

13. Dale4Life

Dale4Life New Member

Couldn't agree more. NOBAMA 2012 - GRUDEN 2012

14. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It's funny you make that comparison, because there are a large number of people in TN who think Obama has had plenty of time to turn around the country, but Dooley hasn't had enough time to turn around a football team.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

grant it, Obama has had an extra year, but like Obama after year two it's been pretty obvious that Dooley is clueless

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

We still have a team?

17. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

All style, no substance in both cases. I am constantly amazed at how people fall for the words and appearance regardless of the skill set and track record. There are some really dumb, smart people out there.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, that comparison is bullshit; Obama's done exceedingly better than Dooley and has a pretty good chance of having a job come January.

But, anyway, I'm not surprised the team lacks any sort of identity or leadership when looking at who's at the top. Players only meetings are not good signs for the program.

19. Milo

Milo New Member

Dooley aside...I'm not buying "the players have quit" thing, as if they play only for Dooley! Bulls**t! They play for self, one another/team, and University! If I'm a player I'm lookin' to vent on someone other than team mates in practice. I'm more motivated (now than at any other point during the season) to whip some arse!

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I take it you didn't watch this team last year. There is no pride