Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

[uck fay]. Is that razor wire on the top of that fence?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, as I understand.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Same personnel as the Brazil game, except with Goodson for Gooch and Dempsey for Edu. The latter is a good change. The former. . . well, Boca and Goodson don't often work well together, but Gooch was a disaster, so I guess we have to try something. Let's go USA! I'd like to see something along the lines of last night's hockey game involving Toronto.

Also, Mexico beat Brazil 2-0. They're good this cycle. Although they do often play Brazil tough--much like we do Argentina.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mexico has looked good this cycle every time I've seen them. They may make a good run in the cup.

5. Tar Volon

Shit, what happened to Fabian?

6. Tar Volon

Sounds like a home game. This must be what Mexican fans feel like watching a game in Los Angeles (or Dallas. Houston. Chicago. New York. . . )

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Canada is dropping 10 back when we have possession.... They'll never score unless we really screw up.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

And there is the danger of running an off-side trap... They don't call it all the time.

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Shoot the puck.

10. KingWebbsticles

Quite a terrible performance thus far. US can't make simple passes.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

We look like poop

12. Tar Volon

Back to those first few friendlies under Jürgen

13. KingWebbsticles

Took a HUGE step back tonight.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Heard we have been practicing twice a day since brazil. No wonder we looked exhausted

15. Tar Volon

Yeah, that would explain a lot. We should take a couple days off before real qualifying starts Friday, even if it is against Antigua.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Coaches can't fix what ails American soccer. At least not yet, anyway.

17. Tar Volon

My keyboard is trying to electrocute me as I say this, but it's a process. International-quality CBs don't grow on trees. As far as games like tonight. . . it was rough, but it happens every now and again, especially if we've been running two-a-days. If it becomes a trend, I'll worry.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Derek, is that you?

19. KingWebbsticles

The problem is it has been a trend. The whole Klinsmann era has been full of performances like that. The game versus Scotland and the 2nd half of Brazil seems to be the exception.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Why why why?