Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Who here has said the Premiership is the best league in Europe? Or really anywhere for that matter. I listen to a couple EPL related pods and I’ve not heard it once, personally.

And I agree that Juve was a superior team, which makes the Spuds bottle job even funnier.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Arsenal has lost their last 4 EPL games on the trot and an FA Cup game, so there’s not a lot of hope the fortunes can be reversed in the San Siro.

And with Danny Welbeck leading the line, I don’t know who is going to score the goals today.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I do think the EPL is changing, with the likes of City, Liverpool and Tottenham playing a more attack oriented football.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Arsenal is all attack this year, no defense.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

tbh most of the leagues are about the same. Few good teams at the top then a whole lot of bleh

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well then

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I knew this was in the realm of possibility

8. NorrisAlan

Arsenal fans are like "YES!....shit...Wenger is going to win the Europa Cup..."

9. Just face it Arsenal fans, you’re going to win the Europa League, qualify for CL next year, and Wenger will be back to do this same dance again next spring.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Until the end of time

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’m shocked.

Also, I will always take a trophy over not, even if it means Wenger stays.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

United have not lost a league game at Old Trafford that they have been leading at halftime since 1984. That’s insane.

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

They gave a stat during the game. In 390ish games where they score first at Old Trafford in the EPL

They have lost 3.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So I take it West Ham fans aren’t happy.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Long to short, protest planned against the board today. Well organized and nonviolent.
    Protest cancelled and permits revoked.
    A little bird told me board paid off protest organizers.
    Today was a long time coming. We're going down, and I can handle that
    Got to encourage the ***** in charge to sell.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Weah gets minutes at PSG today, again. Man, we could really have a great attack going for the US if the federation gets it shit together.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is even happening on that front? Who we gunna git?

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Nothing is happening. We don't play a match that means anything for more than a year and just hired a guy to run the federation. Word is we stuck with our interim manager until after the World Cup. It's the worst possible time to have such a mess in the organization as we have as talented a group of kids coming up as we've ever had and some are dual, even multiple, nationals, like this Weah kid. We've already lost a kid who is starting for Monterrey at 18 to Mexico, despite him growing up in the U.S. system. Missing this Cup is really, really bad timing. Weah's other options are Liberia, which his father is the president there, and France, which, fortunately for us, is absolutely loaded with young talent.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

tbh I'm not terribly worried about losing Tim Weah