Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Poor Petr Cech. Arsenal is asking him to play out of the back with his feet and he is an old school throw/punt keeper school.

Little late in his career to be demanding these kinds of changes out of him.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Shit call by Anthony Taylor that lead to the second goal. He’s so bad at his job.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As is the Arsenal back line.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Won’t see a better goal than this all year. Quagliarella is one of those dudes who only scores bangers

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Seriously y’all should give Serie A a look

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sinaloa = the hub of El Chapo's cartel.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that's one of the best 1 touches I've ever seen

10. JohnnyQuickkick

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I’d probably take him of those 3

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Beat Mexico last night

IP likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Was at the game last night and it was, basically, a dud until Miazga began making fun of the Mexican dude being short. Then, a Mexican player got a red and it was on. Of all players, Julian Green, I thought, was the best player on the field, followed by Timothy Weah, who came on strong in the second half. Mexico was just alright. They had their little wonder boy, Lainez, who was good, but didn't blow me away. Always good to beat Mexico, even in a friendly.

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

It might be my imagination but it seems to me there’s something subtly different about how these kids play. It doesn’t mean they always play well but they just seem to be instinctively trying to play a different game than the previous generation

IP likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

They have an edge to them, I think.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If that US squad plays that Mexico team 10 times, I think they lose 8-9 of them. Feels good to shut Mexico up, though.

18. Unimane

Up close and personal, a few of them seem to be ready for this level than others. I think Weah will be the real deal for us. Kid is fast athletic, skilled. He was dangerous when he got going. Other ones who I liked were Adams, who is going to Germany at 19, and Robinson at LB is a godsend at a position where we've sucked for years. When Lichaj went out and Robinson went in, there was a noticeable uptick. Miazga was awesome, a needed attitude in the middle who devoured every ball in the air. Carter-Vickers is a player, too. On the other hand, Will Trapp, Shaq Moore and Zardes just won't cut it.

19. Unimane

From the stands, the first half was a mess. Of course, Sarachin played 5 defensive mids, which was stupid. The USA, I thought, was the better team after putting Green into the match and having some attack. We were better than Mexico the second half, even before the red card.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Battered outlaw syndrome