Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I watched enough of Papatsoataoupoplous for a couple of years, i don't care if he's turned into Franco Baresi, I'll never believe it

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I think overall he’s played pretty well. Saturday was a colossal failure, but it’s hard to get a read when his CB partner is a sieve who can’t for the life of him stay on his feet.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

So you were already two goals down thanks to a terrible back line. And then Sokratis clatters into Salah, who's already left him for dead.

OK the call on Kolasinac was pretty soft. But Firmino's second goal was very impressive, highlighting how shit your back line is.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He's awful. They paid like 25-30 mil for him, and that makes it even worse.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

17.6 mil pounds.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How can something be impressive it’s comes against complete shit?

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

When it highlights how shit it is.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Okay.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Chelsea it is.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Puked in my mouth

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He better take us deep into the World Cup if we have to live with this [uck fay]ing bullshit.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

$73 million is significantly higher than any transfer fee for an American player ever.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Ignorant soccer person here.

How is that $73 million number broken up? Is he making $73 million annually? Is it broken up by a certain number of contract years? This information wasn't mentioned in the articles I read, which I assume is because most soccer fans probably already know the answer.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The transfer fee is what Chelsea will pay Dortmund for the rights to Pulisic. His contract will be separate.

Also, Pulisic's fee is the 25th highest in history. They are really banking on Americans following this kid. As much as I love the Bundesliga, most casual fans aren't watching Dortmund-Hannover on a Saturday morning

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Got it. So the $73 million has nothing to do with his contract or his salary.

I think it's a good bet on their end. I know my younger brother is a huge fan, and the more soccer grows over here, the more our "stars" will grow in popularity over there.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It has a little bit to do with the contract he has at Dortmund. Years left add to value.

It’s kind of like paying a buyout + future valuation

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Invincibles shall live on!

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Huge. HUGE.