Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In response to the racist chants directed at Koulibaly, here's the Italian Interior Minister:

"I remember I was at the stadium for AC Milan-Juve and the constant, continued boos in that game were for [Leonardo] Bonucci, who is very white, very good and very beautiful, and who had changed clubs two or three times -- so who decides whether that is discrimination? Who decides whether that is vulgar?"

This is a man that is very stupid or very disconnected from reality or both.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Booing and calling someone a monkey or a n****r are the same thing, obviously.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Stupid

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Kevin-Prince Boateng to Barcelona wins this year's Most Random Winter Transfer trophy

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Barcelona are just doing whatever the last few windows. Paulinho, Vidal, now KPB.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Atlanta finally (officially) signs Pity Martinez, player of the year in the Argentine league (and centerpiece of the Copa Libertadores champions). Now officially not roster compliant, which means at least one valuable player is out the door, be it Almiron or Barco (if it's Barco, probably on loan). Hopefully Almiron--I want to see him get his chance overseas.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mike Ashley isn't ponying up the money for Almiron, at the moment.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Spuds are in on him too. But I don’t know where they’re going to get the money from.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Harry Kane insurance policy?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh for sure. They have no depth right now and full set of fixtures between now and March - League Cup today (and a final if they go through), 2 Champions League, and fairly daunting PL schedule before Kane and Delli both come back.

But they have no money because they didn’t buy at all in the summer and I don’t know where they’re gonna find 23 mil for Almiron.

That said, I bet they sell Erickson to Real and probably could command a sum for Potch when ManU comes calling.

lylsmorr likes this.
  13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Another stadium move that proves costly for a club. I don't understand the arms race for new stadia.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. NorrisAlan

I don't see Man United ever leaving Old Trafford.

Surely you could have renovated Whiteheart Lane.

15. NorrisAlan

Repeating as epl champs is slowly slipping away.

Newcastle? Ugh

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Newcastle players must have heard Almiron is coming and gotten fired up

Savage Orange likes this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

My guys put an ass-whoopin on Napoli today. Couple of nice winter window pickups. hopefully get a winger and go after that champions league spot

18. NorrisAlan

[​IMG]

19. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Miguel Almirón leaving Atlanta United for Newcastle for a ton of money. Good luck to him. I still think Josef Martínez made the right call by staying put but I’ll be interested to see if he can duplicate last season’s dominance without Miggy around to play off of.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The other Martinez, from Argentina, is a damn good replacement.