Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Even after two disastrous years as a professional, I'd still take Bobby Wood over Altidore. Seriously doubt Altidore makes it out of the (pointless) group stage healthy. No. 9 Gyasi Zardes I guess.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Down 2-1 at the half. Sloppy defending on the two goals, but I think we have had the better chances. Durkin in the midfield is too slow and Keita on the backline is a disaster waiting to happen at any moment.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I just got home but my twitter feed is hitting Durkin hard

4. Unimane

[uck fay], [uck fay], [uck fay], [uck fay].....two garbage ass goals from shitty defense. We could've easily won this match. Soto missed an easy one in the early 2nd half, too. This wasn't a match with us just hanging on, either. Ugh, frustrating.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I watched the first half, I thought we were too loose with the ball. Especially led to the first goal. Didn’t quite see all the buildup to the 2nd

6. Unimane

Yeah, they did get better in the 2nd half on the passing. The first goal was the result of an abysmal effort by Durkin.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Former Lady Vol Bunny Shaw is playing for Jamaica right now.

8. Unimane

What a shit show.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Came here to say the exact same thing. Our senior team is a disaster right now, and the reasons go much deeper than Berhalter (who I don’t really mind but needs to end his Trapp obsession yesterday)

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Good lord. We just got embarrassed by a crumbling country.

11. Unimane

I'm getting to they point where I'm might root for the women's team to lose. The way the commentary has gone in regards to their lawsuit has aggravated me. The over the top celebrations for goals when you're up 8-0 on an, essentially, amateur team is annoyingly arrogant.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I love it. Celebrate them all. It’s the World Cup.

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. Unimane

It's trashy. I don't begrudge them scoring as many as they can. It's a competition. Low class to do some choreographed dance up 9-0.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The least choppy feed I could get was Canadian and they were triggered AF, so I'm all for it now.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. Unimane

The Canadians are right.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4 of them scored their first World Cup goals ever.

They can’t celebrate? Miss me with that silliness.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just read about this, looking up how many of them scored their first WC goal today.

I hope we score 26 on them with choreographed light and pyro shows for each one.

18. Unimane

Rapinoe's scored in a Cup before. So has Morgan and Lloyd. It's [uck fay]ing trashy.

The Pugh celebration for her first goal wasn't a big deal to me, nor was it when the game was fairly reasonable. The other shit was garbage.

But, hey, how amazing it must be to score the 12th goal against a collection of overmatched largely amateur players.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They def get on my nerves with the equal pay shit. Sorry. You’re equal as human beings. Not as a marketable entity. Bye.

tvolsfan likes this.
  20. Unimane

I agree. They deserve to get paid according to their economic value and in relation to their peers. Their peers are other women's national teams, not the men's team. It's one thing if they were lawyers who argue in the same courtroom or doing sales in the same market, etc. But, this isn't an equal situation.