Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

and running their mouth means what?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m definitely not convinced she’s all that smart

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Repurcussions, at times. Maybe she wont have any as many have lifted her defiance up.
    Back to my original post before you and dooz decided to turn it into jabs, and maybe it belongs in politics, but what did Trump do in regards to lgbt community to piss her off? I legit mentioned i didnt know. For her to say "im not going to the [uck fay]ing white house" is pretty disrespectful, and again I dont see anyone saying that under Obama without being crucified for it.
    Would have preferred a response regarding her hate versus calling me a dumb sexist, due to me not liking 1 overrated, angry woman on an entire team of likeable athletes and USA representatives.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, I am asking what constitutes running one's mouth.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, yeah she is. Some of it is unfounded, some of it justified

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anybody trying to convince you they're smart is either insulting you or is not very smart.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Never accused her of trying

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

she strikes me as self-assured and a bit overly righteous. Certainly bright, brash, and naive or indifferent to how her words will be spun.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

Seems a little narcissistic to me. Never met her though

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Says ignorant piece of shit who routinely runs his mouth.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Okay.

12. Ssmiff

Its not your fault your private school buddies bullied you to be the internet beast you have become.

My original post was fine and accurate. You took this route and can [uck fay] off.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You didn’t say a thing that was true or accurate, which is your standard operating procedure.

14. Ssmiff

Tell me how the comments below deserve your shots and ignorant piece of shit comments.
    --there is no freaking antiwoman resistance. Its Anti her due to her pwrceived attitude. People should be introduced to the rest of them, some of whom are better players.
    --do you not think a less emotional response, and more professional "we will address that when it comes" would have gone over better? Or a simple I dont have interest in going.
    --outside of the wide left, people do want her 15 minutes to be up.
    --the comments about her support from those who hate Trump due to her defiance are on point. Same with Trump supporters disliking her.
    I then asked a question which neither of you responded to, but you went the emotional namecalling route instead.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You have no proof as to her emotional well being and you’ve yet to provide any statistical evidence to back up your claim that a “vast majority want you to take your trophy, 15 minutes, and go away”.

16. Ssmiff

its a message board full of opinions. If you don't believe calculated responses would have different feedback for her, then we differ. As far as my opinion on her 15 minutes of fame, purely anecdotal. From social media, twitter, friends, family, message boards, including here, where evidently only a couple of you hope to see her face and pose everyday while making a statement about whatever she is going to say. Its fair to deduce only far left are into her right now and the right, middle and many on both or neither side, including girls soccer parents and fans, who wish politics and sports never mixed, are tired of seeing and hearing her.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

People who get concerned about politics and sport mixing are usually the ones with the luxury of not having to be concerned about those issues. They often seem to be happy, though, with the Tebow types who bring their religion to their interviews or sport or the overtly patriotic themes of sporting events of the Super Bowl, which spends as much time singing songs as my grandmother used to do when Christmas caroling. Plus, they threaten to "boycott" events and athletes not because they bring politics into the arena, but because they bring politics they don't like.

Politics and sports have always mixed since the days of Jack Johnson and even prior. Besides, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. It's not like Rapinoe stopped playing to deliver a speech or took a knee to make a protest in the 65th minute. Watch the game and then turn the channel. If you don't give a shit about what these athletes have to say, why bother listening to their interviews in the first place?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tebow got annoying too

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But yes, politics and sports have been mixing together for a long time.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Well I can say that being a life-long Tennessee fan is good prep for this “they’d beat the men” sentiment that’s creeping up out there