Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was surprised at how many guys who will get 0 Serie A minutes played, and how few subs Giampaolo used. Piatek was about the only sure starter who played. Theo looked good before he got hurt.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

Also the guys calling the match seemed to have 0 idea that wasn’t anywhere close to the regular xi

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nicolas Pépé to Arsenal.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Early heads up on Gio Reyna, the son of former US national and Manchester City player Claudio Reyna. Kid is 16 and travelling with Borussia Dortmund in their preseason. He'll probably be playing with the U19s at the beginning of the season, but he's turned some heads and might be on the same path as Pulisic was.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Dortmund and some of the rest of the Bundesliga seems to be the path these days.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

Robbery

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Possibly my favorite football owner. Massimo Ferrero. Dude is as crazy as he looks.
    [​IMG]

8. NorrisAlan

I can almost see the marianette strings!

Dude looks like a cartoon character.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

As part of my sons upcoming college year, he will be interning with Nashville SC, which will be an MLS team in a couple years. Excited for him.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

MLS is gonna have like 5000 teams by 2030

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. NorrisAlan

It's stupid. Going to NHL themselves into non-existence.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

15. NorrisAlan

It is from discrimination. I am very discriminatory in what I watch, eat and wear. I don't like Lima beans, so I don't eat Lima beans. I don't like spandex, so I don't wear spandex (and everyone is thankful). I don't like watching most women's sports, so I don't watch most women's sports.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

I get it, but I don’t think that’s the insinuation

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah, there is growing opportunity for women's soccer players, it's just that it's in Europe and not the US. Because the clubs in Europe are clubs and not franchises, it's not hard for the local supporters group to go to a women's match, if anything it's a throwback for some of them. In the US, there is a massive disconnect between fans because of the franchise system. It's served the uswnt in the past but now it's an awakening giant. If there aren't major changes in US Soccer in the next 20 years, then the women will get left behind just like the men are suffering currently.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the men's and women's teams coordinate on this, it can be resolved fairly for all parties. Federation is trying to play them off each other. They shouldn't let them.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Cant believe the mens team didnt come out against it, and risk being called sexist to go along with their poor play.