Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Pulisic got the start again today.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He didn't score, but was still electric. He has a different level to him when he gets the ball and it's obvious. Please just have him stay healthy. It's weird to think how the best player on Chelsea is a 21 year old American.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You think he’s the best player on Chelsea? That seems like a bit of a stretch.

4. Unimane

Have you been watching them? He's, by far, their most dangerous player. They have no one else who can do what he can do and their offense is noticeably different when he is there. The Chelsea boards are falling over themselves for him and calling him the next Hazard. Perhaps when Werner gets there next year he won't be, but, right now, he's killing it for them.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Serie A has been nuts since the restart. 5-6 goals every match seems like

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think there’s a difference between being their best player and being their most in form player currently. I don’t think anyone would argue for Pulisic over Kante as their best player, and they also feel really good about the Tammy Abraham kid.

Weren’t we just talking a few weeks ago about how the moves they’ve made on the market suggest Pulisic may be fighting for his spot soon?

7. Unimane

A lot of this had to do with injuries and people slating Werner on the LW, along with having Loftus-Cheek and Callum-Odoi. But, even in the early part of the season it was clear he was the one guy who could attack a defense. He has the best scoring rate on the team and, if he can stay healthy, is the most talented. Abraham is alright, but they'll need a better striker if they are going to challenge for titles. Kante is usually solid, but I'm not sure he's much better than Kovacic. If you look on the Chelsea web sites, the ones with the English dudes, they're all talking about Pulisic as the one who could be their world class player. He just needs to stop getting injured.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Gervinho is about 60 now and still a handful

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

No lead is safe from Kevin Lasagna

10. JohnnyQuickkick

He’s a Milan-killer

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Abraham is only 22. I think they’re very pleased with what he’s done thus far and excited about his seemingly high ceiling. I’d say both Kovacic and Kante are better players than Pulisic, and I’m not sure it’s even close at the moment.

I don’t read Chelsea message boards, but if they’re anything like ours, I’m not sure how much stock I’d put in them. Kante is already a world class player, and I find it a little hard to believe that a bunch of English soccer fans are ready to crown an American as their future star.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Best attacker maybe, but Kante is definitely better and more important for Chelsea.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

In other news, Inter’s 3rd string keeper has received 2 red cards this season in 0 appearances

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

15. Unimane

Then you should check them out for yourself.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

[itch bay]ing at the ref

18. JohnnyQuickkick

Also, I know nothing about Arthur but this seems like a weird deal from Barcelona’s side

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Today I learned that Frank Sinatra was a Genoa fan

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Barcelona have been awful with transfer business the last 5-6 years