Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds like all the inglesi are out. Put a fork in it. Gawd, this was a stupid thing

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And now all the clubs involved have gained the ire of their constituents, and basically nothing else.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This would have been easier to pull off if they would have made UEFA enemy - we explored all options, negotiated in good faith, they wouldn’t concede, they’ve left us no choice, yada yada yada.

If you make the alternate option worse, yours sounds better by comparison even if it’s bad too.

Their PR firm really really shit down both legs, so I’d say some heads gonna roll there.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Now reports the italian clubs will decide together. Reports that agnelli is in fact out. Who knows.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Sounds like only Italy and Spain remains at the moment. They should totally do it solo.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Sounds like the Milanese clubs want out

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The English fans do not [uck fay] around on this stuff and the foreign owners inability to read the room reveals their disconnect. At the very least, following Real Madrid's lead, which was a total panic move due to their financial issues, was transparently stupid. Billionaires aren't necessarily some great intellectual wizards.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sunday I thought it wouldn’t work.
    Monday I thought it was true
    Tuesday it’s deader than a door nail.

Wednesday I don’t care about you, it’s Friday I’m in love or however that goes.

What a week so far.

NorrisAlan and tvolsfan like this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Welp. We lost today and dropped from second to fifth.

11. Unimane

Super League semis today! Wait, no.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. Unimane

Pulisic with a goal in the Champion's League semis against Real Madrid. First UCL semifinal goal by an American.

IP and tvolsfan like this.
  13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Bayern hires Nagelsmann, which opens the door for Jesse Marsch at RB Leipzig. Nice all around.

14. Unimane

The number of fouls Pulisic has committed on him is astonishing, a clear sign of his talent. In 66 minutes against the preeminent club in the world, he was fouled 6 times after being fouled 11 times in the quarters against Porto.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's one of those guys that almost baits you into it, too, where you think there is a window to get there first or poke the ball away but there is NOT. Deceptively quick.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Now if only he could keep his hamstrings healthy.

tvolsfan and OneForVol like this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dude needs to start mainlining magic spray

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can’t imagine today’s matchup being a letdown.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Beauty of a pass in by KdB goes untouched for a goal. Drama or comedy, I can't decide.

tvolsfan likes this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My middle name is Kevin. I am going to go with the idea that my parents named me after DeBruyne 30 years before he was born.