Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the one hand, ya. On the other, CR7 is a bigger star than you realize. The EU alone is about the same size as the US, and he is super popular there. Now throw in SA, Africa and Asia, and there you go. Would be like someone in Poland thinking Tom Brady is not really noteworthy.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also coke is absolutely everywhere

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The gods must be crazy

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

Ironically it’s also better everywhere else too because of our stupid refusal to use real sugar

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

This is true.

6. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

Yeah….I don’t get it whatsoever. And he’s not a product of the expanded rosters. He would have been on the squad if it was only 23 players.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I feel like every manager has those guys, like I said earlier with Bernardeschi and Italy

8. JohnnyQuickkick

Now Spurs about to hire Gattuso?

prediction: not gonna work out

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Damn, Denmark is fired up.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I understand it is part of soccer but I think I’ll always roll my eyes at the dramatic overselling, flopping.

10SEvols, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  11. Unimane

I've noticed it's more prevalent in certain situations with certain teams. For instance, when we play less talented Central American squad, I know it's going to be an absolute shit show, especially if they manage to get ahead. Certain leagues and cultures seem to have differing attitudes about its place in the game. The one guy for the US who was the worst for this was Jozy Altidore, ironically one of the stoutest players we've ever had. I remember Mexican fans [itch bay]ing about him all the time and me thinking, well, they have a point.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    tvolsfan and chavisut like this.
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Venezuela goalie put on a show in Copa match I just watched.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t get it either, I don’t even register that I’ve been fouled until it’s too late usually but then I haven’t been doing it all my life

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Messi probably scored more goals because he didn't flop down at the slightest contact, kept playing and scored than if he just fell every time he was breathed on in the box.

lylsmorr likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Czech Republic is coming for those checkered shirts of Croatia. Because how dare they.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Mexico gonna have to play their next two games behind closed doors, and pay a fine.

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

FIFA is getting serious about Mexico's anti-gay chants. They have to play their next 2 home games behind closed doors, and they are discussing losing tournament points or simply being banned if this continues.

NorrisAlan and tvolsfan like this.
  18. Unimane

Mexican fans often try to say it's not really a gay slur and more like "[itch bay]", but I asked my wife, a native Spanish speaker, and she said this explanation was bullshit.

I'm still amazed, after all these years, CONCACAF officials, local authorities, whatever haven't figured out how shitty their fans can be in terms of throwing stuff on the field and put more police or security in the corners to address the recurring problem.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Denver arrested the guy who hit the US player.

20. Unimane

And, what of the dozens upon dozens more who simply had bad aim? It could be addressed before it started, but they are reliant upon reviewing the actions later on.