Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We can definitely compete with France if we can face them one department at a time.

tvolsfan and emainvol like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It is the biathlon of the soccer world. Let's combine two completely random things together and call it an event.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean, I’m not a huge fan of the pan-North American World Cup but at least it makes some kind of sense

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

We can't play in the ME in summer. As long as everyone gets that.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

A lot easier to get host duties when someone else is helping you grease the palms of FIFA

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Italy’s going to need a lot of stadium work

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, it is brilliant. Were I a federation anywhere in 2,000 miles of the oil sheikhs, I'd be making a pitch.

Alternatively, I would also try to make the worst team-up imaginable just for giggles. The I-Cup would be memorable: Israel-Iraq-Iran joint hosts.

9. NorrisAlan

India-Columbia. Opposite sides of the world.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Remember that time the US lost to Iran? That was neat

tvolsfan likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If you can't beat Iran, you ain't shiite

IP likes this.
  12. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

That as ‘98 right?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah. I remember watching it. That was before I got into soccer and it didn’t accelerate things

14. NorrisAlan

I knew nothing about soccer at the time, not in any real sense, and was telling a friend of mine from Dublin, Ireland "hey, we only lost 2-1" because I was thinking "that is just one goal, we almost pulled it out".

I just didn't understand at the time how bad that score was and my friend told me. I still didn't believe him, not till much later.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

The podcast that Roger Bennett and Bob Ley (I think?) did on the 98 USMNT is well worth a listen

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It doesn't help when the captain is screwing the wife of the best player, forcing the coach to drop the captain right before the Cup. John Harkes is a gargantuan asshole.

17. Johnny Utah

I found it, it’s called American Fiasco. Looks like it’s a 12-part series totaling around 6 hours.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I thought that happen with the England team in the 2000's

19. Johnny Utah

It did, John Terry slept with the partner of Wayne Bridge. Who also happened to be his wife’s best friend.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Similarly, although John Terry cheated on his wife with a model Wayne Bridge has just broken up with a short time earlier. Harkes was screwing Wynalda's wife with Wynalda's young child still in the house. Steve Sampson dropped Harkes from the team without revealing the affair and Harkes had the nerve to criticize Sampson in his autobiography afterwards.