Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Be a silly deal for the men's side to concede the possible prize money.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Eh, but they get more "guaranteed." It's up to them.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Well they chose to take more guaranteed last time and here we are...

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I meant more guaranteed for the men, since they'd always get a piece of the women's pot. If I had a vote, I would be unwilling to share pots unless the women completely cleared the air and apologized (so, not happening).

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's a losing game for the men, tbh. There is much more for them to lose than the women.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is why the best way forward is transparency and keep offering identical deals.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Identical as in what?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I personally think the federation should split. Women get their own commercial and other revenues, men get their own.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'm honestly not sure if there is a mechanism for that within FIFA.

I am beyond fed-up with this. At this point, I would be fine if the US Soccer simply told the women to take their protests to Switzerland.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

At this point I’m for finding out how they could eat the most shit possible and feeding it to them

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The men don't sometimes miss, though. It was once in 30 years. This kind of deal screws them over because the men's WC will make them more cash than the women, no matter the results. Of course, I don't think the men's team players care much about the payout. Their club team pays their real salary.

US Soccer is an amazingly devious and insular organization, one of the worst in American sports. Here, they are trying to pit the two teams against one another and their "solution" is have the men's team bail them out. The women's team manages to beat out the organization is shadiness, amazingly.

tvolsfan likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

the path forward has to be done completely in the public view though, because the women's team will not deal in good faith.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Furthermore any deal they ask for and accept won't be good enough a year from now, which they'll blame on sexism.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I feel dirty on all accounts.

The women's demand the US federation pay the discrepancy FIFA dished out for WC payouts between the US women and the French men is among the most dishonest and disingenuous money grabs I've seen in sports. The "LFG" documentary was stomach turning propaganda.

tvolsfan likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

goalkeeper howler of the day with a cameo from deandre yedlin

tvolsfan likes this.
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Of the FIFA prize money, what percent is allocated to players?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

CR7 picking up right where he left off

18. JohnnyQuickkick

he still knows where the goal is

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Big away win at Chelsea today for City!

DeBruyne seems to have lost something, he isn't playing near how he was 3 years ago.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Daniel Maldini got his first serie A start and scored a goal. Son of Paolo of course