Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The whole Qatar thing really bothers me and I am not sure I want to support it with my eyes. I know it means nothing in the long run, but about all I can do.

But we won two games and get in the finals, I am not naive enough to think I won't tune in.

The Dooz likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wo...-slams-europe-hypocrisy-in-astonishing-speech

1954 was 70 years ago, buddy.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Infantino is an absolute clown who still needs to cash some checks from the Qataris.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. NorrisAlan

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

And our players are just kind of ok

7. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

France is just being decimated by injury.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Decimated more than twice over.

9. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

10. NorrisAlan

Captains pussied out and didn't wear the OneLove armbands, either.

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Can’t say as I blame them. I wouldn’t want to start every game on a yellow card either. Completely changes how you have to play.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't feel good about this cup, now that it is here. Bless Qatar's heart, this isn't a good host site.

Have to get points off Wales, not sure the US can. I had hoped they would ramp up into this with momentum but they haven't.

I don't blame the men for not wearing the bands for the reason Dooz stated. If there was a real statement to be made, the US would have not attended. They attended, so that's that. Am I saying I wish the US boycotted? No. But is that a moral failing on my part? Ya, I think it is.

Equine Ducklings likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Boycotting may have led to the same number of points as what we are about to see.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was thinking about this today, it comes around every 4 years, and it’s been 8 for us. Players’ whole careers came and went in 8 years. Not sure what boycotting does except deny an opportunity for players that might not come back around, and won’t for some.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Win today and we get out of the group stage, draw and it will come down to goal differential, lose and go ahead and get back on the plane.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Right, this does affect the jobs, careers and lifetime earnings of dozens or low hundreds of people attached to US soccer. Really it is a(nother) shame on FIFA for letting this situation happen. Not that Qatar is nazi Germany, or anything.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

But, on that sentiment and just to note how terrible FIFA has always been, look up where the 1942 Cup would've been held.

18. NorrisAlan

And where the 1934 Cup was held.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're very corrupt.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So, should we win today?