Song of the Day Thread from A College Library

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

This hilarious to me because I'm stuck listening to a Post Malone song right now and just asked the same question.

kmf600 likes this.
  2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Last time I was visiting Tennessee, my 4 year old niece would tell Alexa, play Post Malone about 800 times a day. Then my daughter taught her about baby shark.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The lady and I heard Sunflower play yesterday and laughed about how we couldn’t understand what the [uck fay] they were saying and how the song didn’t really seem like it made sense.

We pulled the lyrics up and read through them, and it just left us wondering how the [uck fay] a song like that, or the “artist” who created it, could become so popular.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because we were told that they are cool and popular. Sometimes marketing just tells us something is good, and sometimes we just believe it. Sometimes we reject it. But that is how something that could never be popular organically, still becomes popular.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This could be said about a lot of the mainstream artists. Also, I have no idea who Post Malone is. Did Karl take up music?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I can see the appeal to the beat, but if you're into lyrics in any capacity, it's the most trash music in general has to offer.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A ton of people throughout my life have pointed out that I ask "why" a lot. Some, like my current manager, love it. Others, like my previous manager, hate it.

I find myself asking "why?" about a lot of songs nowadays.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like this song

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

saw them at Mill and Mine. Dude wore an Eric Berry jersey

Tenacious D and justingroves like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That song hits close to home to me

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Get some testosterone in your lives, ladies.

GahLee likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Been cranking Muse during morning workout.
    And i missed the post malone stuff. Hes talented. Wow, Congratulations and a few others have good beats and chorus.
    Since when did we care if we cant understand the words.
    Hell people sang Nelly lyrics for years and had no idea he was talking about a drive by.

15. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

It's almost like the world is made up of more than the opinions of a single person.

16. Ssmiff

only a couple of you have difficulty handling other opinions

17. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Time to add another notch to the growing list of comments highlighting your lack of self-awareness.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

19. Ssmiff

You continue to point your finger at others as dumb, stupid or ignorant when they disagree. I don't. The subject isn't debatable so move on.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Rage more because your hypocrisy is once again identified. Then move on since it's not debatable.