Sounds of the (2022) Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Feb 27, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Volgrad98 likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Is that level of confidence from the outset normal and only seems extraordinary due to survivorship bias?

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That was fun

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

most fun year since I’ve been watching. Of course NC year was awesome but what a fun few months.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It can almost be argued last year was more fun than the '98 season. It had more scoring, less expectations. The '98 season was stressful, at times. The win over Florida gave us the realization an opportunity was at hand and any misstep could be fatal. The '98 Arkansas game was not as fun as the Bama game this past season. The Mississippi State game was frustration. This past year was almost all gravy, unlike '98.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Feels like a decade ago watching Guarantano every week, dreading every week and wondering wtf we didn’t just go Wildcat, punt on 3rd down and play defense. We woulda won more.
    Last 2 years, especially last year, washed a bunch of shit away.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Basilio says it all the time. The most fun years are the unexpected ones.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

And this is a big part of it too. Just the catharsis of it.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll never get over that Bama game. Came out swinging, and the ending/final score is deceptive because they were beat going away until that fluky fumble for a TD. Never would have expected to see such a dominant performance by a Tennessee offense and single WR against Bama in the Saban era.

A-Smith, Poppa T, MaconVol and 4 others like this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yep. My Vol soul has been rejuvenated back to life again.

A-Smith and Poppa T like this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Byron Young won the combine yesterday

VOLinDAWGland and warhammer like this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Can’t help but watch this about 10 times in a row with a smile on my face every single time this is retweeted onto the timeline. Never has Tennessee orange glowed as bright and beautifully.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The mass of humanity. The heavenly orange hue. Brad Nessler's sign off immediately followed by the goalposts being ripped down in perfect synchronization with the Dixieland Delight banjo solo. Perfection.

For all the complaining we (as in SEC fans in general) have liked to give CBS over the years, I sure am going to miss their world class broadcast productions.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tony Basilio is getting me wound up for the coming season. Ooh boy, if Milton is seeing the field and throwing accurately, they are going to make some noise

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I feel better about him than I did at this point a year ago but I still need to see it consistently

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

What did he say?

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Truthfully he was pretty on point in all of his appearances last season, just hard to give too much weight to garbage time and even a bowl game. It’ll get real when he has to go on the road.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

We'll know in Gainesville

19. VOLinDAWGland

I hope he makes it. I genuinely like the kid and would love to see him succeed for his sake.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Talking about how things are ahead of schedule, and how much deeper and more talented the team is than when heupel got here already. That basically the trend of Tennessee is on par with the early Fulmer years towards building a roster that can win a national title. That those teams were not built on five star guys but rather identified talent that was then developed.