South Carolina Game Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Vols open as 12-point favorites.

That’s…a lot unless our offense can play mistake-free ball, which we have done one (1) time this year (against a horrendous D). I’m afraid the Cocks are going ugly this one up. Still think we win, because we’re better, but I wouldn’t bet on another multi-TD victory.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We certainly won’t run the football the way we did against Mizzou

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Their defense has some guys that can wreck what you want to do. Will be interesting to see how the staff has this squad prepared.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

They’ve played some fairly bad offenses (and Georgia), but they haven’t let anyone but Georgia get into the 20s. If we give them free points, we’re going to struggle to dig out of the hole. Our scripted stuff in the early game has been really solid this season, but they’re definitely one of the best defenses we’ve played so far. I trust us to have a plan, but we’re going to have to execute, because we’re not getting much help from them.

On the other hand, their offense seems to be rather bad, so let’s not give them short fields, and we should be able to hold them down pretty well.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We are a bad matchup for who they are right now so I cannot see us dropping this one at home. Saying that, if we struggle on offense we're going to give their offense many opportunities to find something that works and to get into a rhythm.

The preparation this week is going to tell us more about this staff than anything we've seen thus far.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Whatever SC does, we will have wrs open, will run rb and wr screen outside and in, go deep on a scissors route mismatching a safety vs speed or hit the TE or qb power run or hand it to an rb with quick feet and an attitude. I think JH may have a little Rainman in him and respond quickly to get mismatches.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think the first two drives result in touchdowns and South Carolina won't be able to score. It's an ugly 2nd quarter then after halftime Tennessee moves it well again.

Tennessee wins an ugly, ugly game that looks a lot closer on the scoreboard than it really is

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not rain man, it's simplicity. He's going to run the same things over and over out of different formations

CardinalVol and Memtownvol like this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

450 yard rushing days aren't normal

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Uscjr sucks nuts. We will beat them silly.

Their offense is horrid.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  11. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Tennessee should and probably will beat them by 3 td’s. It’s a game outside the fan bases no one cares about. It’s just another rung on the ladder to a 1st season low end bowl for Heuple.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, we're losing by 20, this settles it.

warhammer, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. CardinalVol

This is one we should win. It won't be east because other than Tees record setting game in 98 I can't think of another easy win against them since they joined the conference (even Holtzs 0 and 11 99 team gave us fits), but we're simply better than them.

Any update on Simmons?

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

2009 Black Jersey game

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  15. CardinalVol

That
    Yes, you are correct.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Simmons was on the sidelines in uniform after he walked off, I think it's an ankle

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Beat me to it. I haven’t been able to make that many games over the last 15+ years but I was at that one.

justingroves and IP like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

memorable game

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There never were, never are, never will be any black jerseys

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Definitely part of the legend and lore of that game, which makes it unforgettable despite being of no major consequence