South Carolina Primary

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JT5, Feb 20, 2016.

1. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

now she's moving the goalposts on the transcripts. says she'll only do it when all the republicans do it.

she's such a clinton . . .

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya she had said she would when Sanders does. So Sanders was like, "okay. Here are all zero of them." So she had to change the game.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Would you like for me to send you a Trump for President Make America Great! bumper sticker?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do not believe the "two KKK members supporting Trump in Nevada" story. It's too easy, and the source seems to be a democratic outlet. I would want a reporter to verify that those two people are who they claimed to be, and aren't just trying to make Trump look bad. I would want a mainstream media outlet to be willing to put out the story.

The issue with our internet news era is that there is no guarantee of due diligence in anything reported. It's freaking town gossip on a global scale.

5. Oldvol75

Haven't seen that one yet. Was it a lead story on CNN?

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There were a lot of reports going around on twitter and a few other sites about the crazy that is suppose to be Trump supporters.

The media is going back at Trump voters being stupid again, which didn't work the first time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, it's bumping around as a trending story on social media. Like I said, no one major has picked it up which is telling. I need more than two anonymous guys in costumes holding signs to convince me.

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But regular church attendance is significantly correlated with opposition to Trump.

Partly because it's not really a well-defined group. People talk about evangelicals like it's some sort of monolith, but black evangelicals and white evangelicals have pretty different politics, and there are a lot of people who don't actually go to church who still self-identify with evangelical denominations.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

You don't have to cross race lines to find a lot of difference in political ideas. Pitching that group into the same pot is futile.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He has fended off a lot more than I thought he would. Most of the time the front runner gets attacked (the media throws gas on it) and you get a new front runner and the rest do the same to them. He has been the target from early on and hasn't gone anywhere.

It will be interesting to see how much of the support he gets from those that fall out over the next few weeks. When it gets down to 2 or 3 it will be more clear.

11. Oldvol75

I never have understood why they try and group evangelicals together anyway.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Because it's one of the best predictors of whether someone votes D or R.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

So? That's representative of...?

Obamacare will get huge play when it's time.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Says who? We did this last time around. What you or I think should happen, doesn't necessarily make it so. Obama Care is a lower tier issue for most of this campaign and won't likely be that important this go around. Where are you getting this idea that it will be?

15. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Supporters say he's a straight shooter, he's this, he's that...........he's nothing more than an entertainer and his supporters are lying to themselves.

Trump is a disaster.

Johnson 2016!!!

16. Oldvol75

Not really. As a pastor I can vouch that not all in a single church vote the same way.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Because both sides attempt to use identity politics to their advantage. The one thing neither party wants you to believe is that you are an individual, you have to fit into one of their two boxes.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a natural strategy in response to a system of two boxes to choose between and check.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It has seemed to me like many of his supporters I know are hearing this surface-level stuff he's throwing out there and aren't attempting to find any substance behind it, and a lot of Trump's behavior over the years is the kind of thing they wouldn't support. Especially evangelicals.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

He was a loud democrat for so long. It makes you wonder.