southern miss basketball being investigated

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Nov 6, 2014.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Is it stupid to think we should wait until we see what they actually have on him before burning the AD to the ground?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

in fairness even if it turns out to be nothing, burning the AD to the ground would still be a good idea

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I guess. I still don't hate the Tyndall hire at all.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The SEC seriously blows so I guess we can make some noise with mid-major recruits. I just find it a bit hard to believe this most recent faux pas hasn't capped our high-level recruiting (not that it's been a revelation to date anyways).

5. JohnnyQuickkick

i don't either, aside from this nonsense. i think he wins here, if he doesn't get show-caused. just have to wonder if the powers that be shouldn't have seen something like this coming

6. JohnnyQuickkick

if this turns out to be nothing and goes away, will it still cap recruiting?

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No.

8. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

They absolutely should. Unfortunately, incompetence abounds.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

that's what i think

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Maybe not if we're winning. If we're kicking around the NIT, not sure why anyone with options would take a chance on someone as likely as not to have you tournament banned by junior year.

11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

If he sucks and is routinely in the NIT, then he's probably not going to recruit well regardless of some "fear" of NCAA violations.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Sure, if that's his peak. What about near term? We already lost Clarke, not sure if we're in on any other top prospects but our two commits seemed rather Cuonzo-esque last time I checked (been a couple months at least), and I guess they aren't even guaranteed now. Is what we have already good enough to establish Tyndall here?

Could be a moot point anyways given our NCAA investigations luck.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

From what I read, the Clark kid was a reach anyway because his dad was totally in favor of him going to Va. Tech. I'm just not sure this is an issue if there's nothing to this.

14. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

The most disheartening thing about all of this is, in order for anything to change, the odds of us having to wait for some of those in power to die off has gone from veritable likelihood to utter certainty.

15. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Tony Barbee come on down.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

17. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

the only answer is rick byrd.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

That wouldn't be my only option.

I already ignore baseball, and would just add basketball to the list.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Cuonzo Martin has a smile on his face from ear to ear.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He must be under the assumption that he's the only man capable of delivering us to the NIT.