Spring Practice 2016

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 10, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Josh Smith had that early in his career too, but he improved.

Malone is a guy that's never had to try to be better than everyone else. It started clicking for him late in the season last year

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offense should be fairly simple this year, run, run run and run some more with the occasional deep pass to a TE.

Throw a few passes to Malone and Williams outside, let Smith work the middle and keep Hurd and Kamara carrying the ball.

This is a perfect Fulmer offense.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I want the ball in Jennings hands a lot. Mostly because I want to see him bulldoze corners.

4. chavisut

This is a perfect offense to go along with what I expect to be a top 10-15 defense to win 10 or 11 games.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He plays violent, which is rare for receivers. Imagine if Croom played like that?

6. chavisut

I really wanted to see him at safety. I envisioned a headhunting Deon Grant.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like watching him covering kick offs.

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Our O-Line going to be capable and up to the task?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Is Croom done?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's at TE and he's looking alright there.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

chuckled

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It will be decent. If Richmond lives up to his recruiting hype, the line will actually be pretty damn good. Robertson at LG, Thomas at C, Jones at RG and Hall at RT isn't bad. There's decent depth too.

Hall could be turned to LT if Richmond struggles. Brett Kendrick is a good depth guy but could be the starting RT if Richmond can't do it.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The talent is, of course, there. It was there in Butch's first year as well.

14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Sounds good to me. Now all we need to do is get Hurd/Kamara a lead blocker on those outside runs.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i don't think the line was the problem that first year, although pretty much everything else was

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

But the running backs weren't and he didn't have Dobbs ready.

A duo of Neal and Lane aren't comparable with Hurd/Kamara.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's right. I'd forgotten. If he can play without fear, he has the build to be a nightmare for defenses there.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

One of the other radio shows here had Fortenberry on the other day and he mentioned Croom making several nice catches.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That line was all world in talent and was below average in run blocking. I agree that the backs weren't great, but Neal and Lane had SEC talent.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You're not going to do much when the defense out numbers you at the POA and your can't threaten to force them out of it.