Spring practice thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Hoping RB Eric Gray comes back more hungry and humble this time, but he's not allowed to wear that stupid zero jersey he wore for OU.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That kid is not allowed back on UT campus. Never going to happen.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been on campus over Christmas break and worked out in Knoxville

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

More meant he will never be back on this team. We had to cut ties.

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Good morning.

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love it

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He looks quick.

TDVol1989 and Poppa T like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

One thing I loved to see last year was JH seeing the defense hurry to get lined up, wait then flip Wrs from outside to slot for a better matchup, then run whatever route we wanted in that matchup or run scissor routes at them and pickem apart

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  9. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I mean if you have a guy named Squirrel on your team that’s gotta mean championship, right? 10 wins minimum

10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

With Pitt reloading at QB, Florida is a home game, LSU new coach in training....we stand a fair to good chance at receiving Saban and the Tide in Knoxville our record at 5-0

11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I don't think we'll be 5-0 but I'd be depressed if we go in there at 3-2

10SEvols likes this.
  12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Yep, we're used to snatching defeat outta the jaws of victory but I like this falls factors for hope anayway.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If we find a few pieces on defense I would be disappointed with anything less then 5-0 start and make Bama sweat.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ll believe we’ve beaten Florida when the game’s over and we’ve done it. Even then I’ll be skeptical.

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If there is an undiscovered ridiculous way to lose to them, we will find it. I'm pretty much a broken fan when it comes to the Florida game but a few wins against them can fix it. So maybe by 2030 I'll be okay. (If I'm still alive)

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I can’t think about Florida without seeing JGs missed throw to wide open TE which would have been an 80 yard TE, the linemens body language, knowing the game was over and then his turnover the next play. I know y’all think the goat of idiots is Dooley or Butch but this dude played JG for 3 freaking years. It doesn’t get any more dumb than that.

PilotFlyingJ and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I can't think about Florida without seeing the Gaffney "catch".

But then I try to quickly shift to visualizing sitting with my son, both of us crouched under a poncho, in the Neyland Flood game watching Health Shuler and the Vols whipping their azz.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why do people keep imposing this pain upon me? Every time I have forgotten about it, someone mentions it. And my blood pressure spikes to 200/150.

Memtownvol and 10SEvols like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The Wilhoit 50-yarder was another good one. That might be the best game I’ve been to. Not as monumental as 98 but just for sheer entertainment

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My freshman year of college, I expected big things