Staff Salaries

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Over $6.5 mil in assistants

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Very hard to justify Tyson Helton at 1.2 million. That is ridiculous.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The good news is that they’ll be very hard to get rid of if they are bad.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Damn. Should be easy to draw coaches if UT is gonna spend that kind of money going forward. Pruitt took a pay cut to help these guys salaries right?

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And once again, I am in the wrong business.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yea Tyson Helton better produce

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Second highest OC in the country and it's kind of iffy as to whether or not he's actually called plays before.

10SEvols likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sits a standard, Tennessee isn't scared to spend if you're worth it.

That being said, Helton needs to produce top 5 results

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Is he going to run an offense somewhere on the ballpark of what USC has been running? If so, it would be pretty much impossible to do all that well with our roster.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

A lot of pistol would be my guess

11. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

When you pay an athletic director to penetrate your b-hole, then fire him after a couple of months, just to pay him a lot more to be fired, what's the difference, seriously?

justingroves likes this.
  12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It doesn't bother me at all at the salaries even for unproven guys. If you think he's your guy and it takes that much to get him...spend the money. Spend all that shit if it helps win football games. They just got $40M from the SEC Network.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just don’t get Helton. I wish he could have gotten a solid OC. But I think he wants guys he can trust and I don’t think he’s spent much time developing relationships on that side of the ball.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It seems like he could have been secured for half of what he's getting. He also has a three year contract, which is unusually long.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Most sign two, if it goes to shit, they're going to get 3 years minimum.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I think we are all are still in dool/jones syndrome. Wanting the best, afraid of the worst. I just have a better feeling about Pruitt than I did about either one of the last two coaches. Third times the charm. (Leaving out Lane)

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Faint praise.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Helton definitely wasn't the mastermind, but I think he called a lion's share of the plays at WKU, honestly.

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

All I need. Learning under Brohm gives me hope because he's one of the best offensive minds in the game

20. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Helton has to produce with that insane salary. Pruitt and Helton go pretty far back so he obviously sees something special in him. Helton would have been recruiting coordinator at UAB when Pruitt was at Hoover