Start Em/Sit Em

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by USAF_Vol, Oct 14, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes. That demographic eats a crapton of pizza.

2. cotton

Cedric Benson vs Pitt or Jonathon Stewart vs Tennessee?

Mario Manningham against SF or Mike Williams against Texans?

3. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

Hmmm, Benson/Stewart is tough. Benson?

Manningham if Hicks is out.

GL

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I sat Michael Bush already this week...first mistake down it looks like. Wonder how many others I'll make today...

5. USAF_Vol

Ha, I had DJax starting, got last minute (Seriously right before kickoff) that he was out for missing the meeting. So I put in Marchawn Lynch. Lynch has 13 points in 1 qtr. Booooommmmmmm.

LOL, I was legitimatly mad for the switch until now.

6. TennTradition

Lynch? Sat him too.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Playing a horrible team this week that has Romo and Chicago D (3 td's each). I weathered the storm, though, and need a meager 2 points from AP tonight.

8. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Had an overall shit day points wise in one league, but if AP can get 10, I win. I had M Bush in the VN league help me win my 7th in a row by 3+ pts. keeping 2nd place. In 3rd league, I also won, even though I sat Super Mario, more a lack of production by my opponent than my team's effort.

9. cotton

That's how I went. Benson/Stewart didn't matter, but Manningham was a good call.

Down 12 going into tonight with A. Rogers and Packers DST still to play, so I feel pretty good.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I went with conventional wisdom and started Schaub over Tebow. In the end, it was a wash as both produced about 17 fantasy points.

I am telling you, Tebow is a weird fantasy animal that is worth a look. He doesn't score points in the conventional QB way, but the total ends up being a little more than decent most of the time. Schaub usually only gets me 13 or so points. Tebow tends to get 17 or more every game. The calculation of rushing yards vs passing yards is what does it. He is like a mediocre running back who occasionally throws a long TD.

If he is available in your league and you need a backup, consider it.

It didn't affect me, but how about the return of Chris Johnson? Could be an interesting twist in leagues going down the stretch.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I just picked up Tebow last week, and will be starting him next week as Brees is on bye week. I dropped Hasselback, hope not a mistake.

Chris Johnson made the difference in my win over Spacely Sprockets.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If CJ keeps performing, Hasselback's numbers will decline. You're probably getting off of that train at the right time.

13. USAF_Vol

You should be gold then.

I won my game by 35 points. Michael Bush-30, Lynch-22 and Ray Rice-13. Julio Jones gave me an egg with the injury.

Hoping McFadden stays sidelined. Bush is piling it up. I will not doubt Lynch again, he absolutely beasted on the ravens. It was a sight to see.

14. cotton

I am. Rogers is having another monster night, and the D has a PRTD, a pick, and has given up 7 to this point. I'm too lazy to look it up and do the math, but I might have the points lead tomorrow.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, Schaub is now out for the season. That makes 4 of my top 6 draft picks that have been lost for the year. 6 of my top 8 that have missed more than one game to injury.

Not sure why I keep even bothering this year.

16. TennTradition

My bench smoked my starters this week, except for Gonzalez out-performing Hernandez.

Manning over Vick.
    M. Bush over McGahee and Jones-Drew combined
    M. Lynch over McGahee and Jones-Drew combined
    Nate Washington over Dwayne Bowe + Lee Evans
    My backup kicker scored the same as Janikowski (I'm holding a backup because Janikowski has been questiomable for a dew weeks)

Pretty horrible week.

17. USAF_Vol

Only major setback for me so far (knock on wood) has been Ahmad Bradshaw. We'll see how rofflesburger injury plays out but he looks GTG. Just hope DMac stays out as long as they want with Bush having monster games.

Oh and Julio getting hurt and DJax sucking it up EVERY game.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've made 40 moves so far this season. And I have 4 more queued up.

19. WM

WM Active Member

Because you don't want to let down the highly esteemed commish.

20. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Well, I saw Alex Smith was on waivers, so I chickened out on Tebow and added Smith. I feel Tebow is about due for a low scoring game.