State of the Union

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 13, 2016.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

They are. There is entertainment value at times, though. Oh, that Rubio response.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Jindal, bless his heart.

3. gcbvol

LOL. So, after following those two how could Haley not look good? I'm a victim of my own (significantly) lowered expectations.

4. OrangeEmpire

I wish The Donald would have given the response. The Donald is at a rally surrounded on stage with supporters. Open with patented The Donald barrage soliloquies and then pan to a free style town hall meeting with The Donald.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If one imagines him as a middle schooler talking, his responses make more sense. His great critique of the speech by Obama last night? It was "really slow, boring, lethargic", sort of like a kid complaining about math class.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't know if that's a critique that matters, but I don't think it's incorrect (although I didn't watch last night so won't speak specifically to that speech). I think Obama is really overrated as an orator.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Steven Green had the best break down of the speech. It was like Al Bundy trying to get everyone to desperately remember he scored four touchdowns in one game.

Obama trying to remind people more of all the speeches he gave as Candidate Obama, instead of the last 7 years.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've always thought this. Seemed like they just told us he was great, and kept telling he is, therefore he is.

9. OrangeEmpire

He's speaking directly to the clowns we call an electorate.

10. OrangeEmpire

He has definitely lost his passion and conviction.

08 was special

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Do tell?

The Dems and establishment Repubs now have common ground, hatred of The Donald.

12. OrangeEmpire

It's a good a thing.

I don't like it took The Donald to do it.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Would have been nice if Obama appointed Biden in the first year of his first term. Unfortunately now it is only symbolic for a few months.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Obama's first State of the Union and last nights.

[​IMG]

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Trying to destroy America sure takes a lot out of you.

16. gcbvol

The stress of the US presidency is ridiculous. That appears to be much more than 7 years of aging. Wow.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Look at Clinton or Bush with the same time frame. It's insane.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I bet come January 2017 he takes two months to sleep. The grey hair is normal, but the aging of his face is incredible.

You couldn't pay me enough money to be President.

EDIT:

And because Obama came into the office so young, I think the change in him is that much more startling. I wonder what your average 45 year old looks like between then and when they turn 53, if it is that marked or not.

I know my hair has gone almost completely grey since my son was born 9 years ago.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Clinton had a lot of mileage during his time.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Road head, too.