Steele Turns Dooley Down Again...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 10, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Wonder if we're going cheap on the hire, or we just weren't willing to pay Steele big money.

2. govols74n

govols74n New Member

My guess is Steele and every other candidate out there know that UT and Dooley are [uck fay]ed. They have the cards in their hands and are playing them right. (wouldn't you bump up your price tag, knowing how bad of a predicament Dooley is in? I would). If we pay the right price we can get the right man for the job.
    All I know is that this is turning out to be a big complicated mess. All we can hope for is a flat out miracle to pop out of the wood work at this point. We are all going off of rumors, but the rumors keep getting worse and worse. Just as every ounce of info has been since the season started, this is just another giant turd with a massive snowball effect waiting to shit all over us all. Football = fubar....basketball = fubar....Hell even the swim team lost the coach....it's like watching the old Soviet Union collapse!

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

everyone is probably asking for 4 years + guaranteed to come here.

4. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

yep. Just goes to show that most people outside of Knoxville know where things stand. It's just about to the point that we're going to have to hire some no-name DC as a placeholder to stand on the sidelines .. either that or fire dooley after signing day .. I'm not sure that the latter isn't going to happen ....

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What about making a change after signing day?

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That seems unbelievably unfair to recruits.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It really is, but its also a business.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Doesn't the AD have to let recruits know that's a possibility?

In any case, I wouldn't want to do that unless recruits were free to transfer wherever they wanted.

9. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

10. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I've seen it mentioned a few times that Dooley could just be let go after signing day to secure the recruiting class. Is there another example of that happening elsewhere recently? My mind is blank on that one.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Can't think of an example with a head man, but Justin Wilcox did that at Boise State before jumping to Tennessee

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

It seems like the big boys in the SEC have realized this a while back. I'm not sure that UT has. Maybe it's a new day with Hart?

13. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Apparently he was fired today

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He may rethink his position now.....

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not sure I would want the guy after getting rejected twice. I guess Dooley is in no position to pick and choose at this point but I wouldn't give him anything more than linebackers at this point.