Stokes and McRae apply for NBA evaluation

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Vespid, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Vespid

Vespid Member

Waste of time since neither is first round material.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So they'll stay in school if they aren't going to be drafted in the first round?

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

They should unless they're getting input from a scum agent (are there any other kind?).

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

McRae will be a senior, correct? If so, it makes sense for him to do it to find out what he needs to improve. As for Stokes, some people on here have hinted that he may go pro, even though it would be monumentally stupid.

5. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I see no problem with this. It makes total sense to take the evaluation whether you are going pro now or later.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Hopefully its to find areas of improvement for next year.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Yes

And yes

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Has anyone heard anything? The recent offer has me concerned.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Rob Lewis doesn't think the new offer is an indicator that Stokes is leaving. He has been on record saying he thought Stokes would stay.

10. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Stokes won't go

11. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Stokes needs to develop his shot from 15 ft. and better inside moves. McRae is as ready as he's gonna get.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

McRae just said he's coming back for his senior season.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Brendan F. Quinn ‏@BFQuinn 9m
    Jordan McRae announces on Tennessee Sports Radio that he will return to Tennessee for his senior season.

14. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Outstanding news. C'mon Stokes!

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good shit.

16. Vespid

Vespid Member

McRae needs to work on his strength and dribble before he leaves Tennessee. Two areas of weakness. Stokes in my opinion has too much to improve on to ever be more than a limited role player at the next level. His interior defense sucks, he cannot jump, his offensive game consists of garbage points, and I wont mention his inconsistency.

17. cotton

1. Being a limited role player at the next level is one hell of an accomplishment and typically results in multi-millionaire status. Just for context, UT has had something like 2 guys able to achieve this status over the last couple of decades.

2. Your analysis of Stokes' game is very different than mine.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Stokes offensive game revolves around offensive rebounding. I haven't seen many scoring post moves from him. Defense is fine. Lack of effort at times is the worst part of his game.

19. cotton

He has a very good bull rush to the right from either the opposite block or the elbow. What he needs, IMO, is something to go with it to counter taller players and double teams that key on it.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd like to know what happened to that nice jumper he displayed during either the UConn or UK game. That would help him out tremendously.