Student walk out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 19, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Message board fodder on 24/7 saying students are planning on a walk out during the UMASS game

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I knew the 60's and 70's was good for something

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think there will be enough students at the game on Saturday to notice if they did a walk out.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My first thought. Student section is usually 3/4 empty on these bye games.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that'll help the players and recruiting and get our ugly asses on espn again. I don't think anybody up there can make a good decision on anything right now. Maybe the Hill is alive with the sound of music and smell of meth.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty funny they think anyone cares. Are the freshmen organizing this? Anyone that's been there longer than a year should know better.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If they do it in a fashion that is noticeable that will make waves that the school will down play but will be a defining moment down the road. Having said that, I don't they will pull it off.

8. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

9. Ssmiff

I would rather be embarrassed by a Wyoming type loss with a sense of funeral relief than be embarrassed by students or fans in a group walking out. Bad for the program and university. It's close to working itself out, so just let it. We need this roster the way its headed when we start over and shit like this can end up making another transition even more difficult. People, including recruits, forget losses because most of them lose in HS. They don't get over being embarrassed to wear orange due to shit like this.

10. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

These UT students have never seen a good UT football team. Why TF do they care ?

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nah. It's not even close to sorting itself out yet. Show your frustration in a way the big money people understand

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Embarrassing to the university? Sure. But who is really the causing the embarrassment? Ya, blame the kids who don't want to settle for being milked for money for a program that only goes through the motions. Definitely their fault for not just staying on board.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How do you figure? That clown is still employed.

14. Ssmiff

I just don't agree with y'all here that this makes a point or would be a factor in anything besides more negative attention and national embarrassment. Losing a game is one thing. I don't want to see it happen. If you like more misery than necessary then by all means, stand and walk with them.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd rather they just stay home. Unless they spell out "FIRE BUTCH" with those card signs they are walking out on the players as much as they are Butch as far as anyone can tell. It is not an effective way to convey the message.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I doubt it happens. I'm betting the majority stay home.

17. Ssmiff

Exactly. Don't go. If you don't like the coach, don't buy tickets. Don't have a walkout on ESPN replayed and hurt the program. Not sure why anyone would want to see that.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

An empty stadium at kickoff is much more effective than an empty stadium in the 2nd Quarter. Just don't go, don't give them your money.

19. NorrisAlan

Same can be said for staying home. It is why I say go for it if you want. You gotta let the administration know you hate the shitshow going on over there now.

Does it look bad? Not as bad as that [dadgum] trashcan.

20. NorrisAlan

This is actually far better, of course. Just don't pay (and they actually have to pay now which is ridiculous).