Student walk out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's apples and oranges, but they do this in European soccer when they want to protest the administration or the manager. I'd imagine that this idea sprung from that line of thinking. And I think it'd be plenty effective if they articulated why they did it after the fact. Imagine they do it and the SGA comes out and says something along the lines of "The walk out was our vote of no confidence in Butch Jones and we will not accept being drained financially for the quality of the product that we see every Saturday, blah blah ticket prices, blah blah atmosphere, blah blah, reputation."

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

But this is the most effective way to let them know. Doubly effective if they do it for UGA.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

No one (other than maybe ESPN because they can use it to talk about and fill air time to make us look bad) gives the first damn what the students think. The University especially doesn't care.

4. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

The students do not remember winning programs. Really, no one under 30 does. I watched the UF game with a 23yo fellow alumnus who pointed out that we were 18-5 against UF in his lifetime.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It's a good thing those colonialists cared what England thought and just stayed home when that shipment came in from the East India Tea Compnay.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Great point. I'm sure if the students start killing the professors and destroying university property people will pay attention.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Didn't Liverpool supporters do this a few season ago over ticket prices?

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Sounds right

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It is a great point. Not my fault you don't get it.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Right. I'm sure the people in charge, the ones famous for the Big Orange Screw will be just heartbroken that a bunch of students they'd rather not even attend choose to pay money to get in and then leave. Why, I bet this will workout almost as well as when the students raised a stink about having to pay for their tickets.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's going to be funny when those student seats are sold to the general public

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Right now they can't sell the all seats they have for the general public.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And it worked too.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

if you didn't watch Tom Hardy's Taboo, you should. Only issue was I had to use captioning a few times to understand the accent, but I enjoyed it and the last few episodes and finale were fantastic.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Uh, maybe they'd like to?

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

When I was at vandy, we did this a lot. Students would walk out Midway through the 3rd quarter.

We usually walked in about Midway through the 2nd.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I doubt anyone cares, but I didn't attend Vandy. I can tell you for sure no one will care at Tennessee.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm for anything that points to the ineptitude of this coaching staff, painfully necessary or outright ineffective, as it may ultimately prove to be.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm not sure you understand the point of protesting.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am stunned anyone here would be against a peaceful demonstration against jones. Why? Are you just against young people profesting? I find national stories about garbage cans at games and humiliating losses embarrassing. I do not find students demonstrating and showing some "give a damn" rather than just not showing up "embarrassing." Effective or not.