Student walk out

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 19, 2017.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes, and I think 4K may be a little high.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. These games rarely have 1/4 of the student allotment there. Especially noon games, they haven't had time to wake up from Friday night yet.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think there are still 12-13K student seats aren't there? It's typically 1/3 full.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's definitely different and the optics aren't that bad. I still don't think they'll be good, though. Think about when fans leave the stadium early due to their team losing and the camera pans to the exodus. Seems like the announcers often have some less than flattering things to say about them.

I just don't think it will go over well. I don't mind them protesting, them wanting Jones gone (should have arrived there a long time ago), or them organizing. I just think they've picked the wrong tactic.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I did, and do.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I'd rather they all chant, "Butch, you suck!" non-stop. Wouldn't be surprised to see him walk out if it kept up consistently for an entire quarter.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

God forbid students walk out of a game. Much better to sit and accept trashcan and the erosion of the program to the tune of 4 million a year

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's obviously what's good for the program.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yes! All of this. I really hope they pull it off.

10. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

How about organizing a "Fire Butch" chant, too?

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

your students don't have football focus

[video=youtube;OOlFohKjJaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlFohKjJaE[/video]

This week's video shows Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon of Michigan on a remarkable 86-yard touchdown run against California in 1940.

The last hurdle on his way to the end zone is a tackle attempt by drunken Cal fan Harold Brennan, who came out of the stands to try to stop Harmon, who easily evaded him near the goal line.

"I'm glad I did it," said Brennan later.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

When it comes to drunken fans, we do not hold a candle to Cal. I imagine you can attest to that personally.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I like to drink

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

This is a better idea. Mix it up sometimes with "Read your chart!" and "He's so purple."

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yep

16. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

The student section should hold up Gameday type signs during the game.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You could get a lot of mileage out of well-timed "That's so Butch!" chants.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

in da vidual .....in da vidual.....

19. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

And lots of chances to use it

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Saw someone tweet tonight about the crazy scene on campus after the LSU 2005 game when they were a freshman. I can imagine how fun that was. The people in my grade at UT never had anything like that. The best they ever got was a win against a highly ranked South Carolina team during a losing season. Those incredible moments that many here experienced as students are a special thing. As far as I'm concerned the students can do anything they want to do to expedite Butch's firing. More power to them.

Edit: I forgot that the LSU 2005 win was on a losing season. The point stands regardless.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017