Super Tuesday

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by BigOrangeBeech, Feb 29, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Massive understatement.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have so many stories, guys. A drunk lady falling out of her car while trying to get in line. A woman muttering someone was sexist who turned out to be another woman. Precincts being all put into the same room and then trying to yell over one another. Body paint. Butt-hurt Hillary supporters who didn't understand why we were voting for all the delegates instead of drawing names out of a hat. Etc.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just don't see any way after today that Trump loses. It would immediately have to get down to a 2 man race and even then I see no way that Cruz or Rubio (whichever one was still in it) could catch up.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The party will need to force some hands now and get Cruz to quit. That's the only chance. I assumed trump would say something idiotic and lose his lead, but he's said plenty of dumb things and it hasn't mattered. Hell it doesn't even seem like Rubio will win Florida

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

seems like the stupidest way possible to run an election. I guess going in a booth and individually picking your canadate out would be too simple.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Cruz will NOT quit. He possibly sincerely believes his campaign was ordained by God Almighty. And he's a smug ass who already has no friends.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, this was openly discussed by many in attendance. A Caucus is not really efficient or necessary in this day and age. It would be one thing if many people didn't know who they were voting for when they showed up. But that isn't the case these days.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I have a feeling Christie will be Trump's VP choice if trump gets the nomination

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No he can't. The other candidates aren't strong enough.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No way. He says that crap for the votes.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. I get the feeling his "faith" is about as real as a unicorn.

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I think this could be the case, but I'm not so sure. The guy is scary as hell. To me, he's the most dangerous of all the candidates.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree with this.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't know at least you know what you are going to get. If trump or Bernie won who knows what the hell they might do. They are unpredictable and unpredictable is bad for the economy

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nah. I think it'd be status quo. He's beholden to the same guys as your typical politician.

17. gcbvol

Bernie wouldn't be able to do much damage, imo. I'm pretty sure a lot of Trump right now is playing a character, and if he becomes president will likely surround himself with quality people. He's not dumb. I also think if the Antichrist is real there's a really strong chance it is Ted Cruz.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Exactly

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think both could do something exceptionally stupid. Bernie's economic plan suggests he and the people under him don't even remotely understand the way the economy works and the president can elect the fed chairmen and with a democratic congress look out. Trump was bright, I'm not completely convinced he hasn't lost something being famous for so long. Kind of like Howard stern and how he's gone from representing the common man to hanging out with celebrities getting his ass kissed constantly. Has to significantly warp your reality

20. gcbvol

Fair.