Sutton, Maybin, Kamara

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Phillips yes
    Dormandy no

Dormandy is unlikely to start and I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer back to Texas. Jones and Guarantano are better fits for Butch's offense

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's #2 right now. Whether or not that's how it should stay, that doesn't look good when #1 is entering his senior season.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wasn't phillips injured a lot of the season, or am i thinking of someone else?

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I wonder if a new DC (if that ends up happening) would help matters at all.

5. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I believe he wants a fair shot at winning the QB battle in the spring, which won't happen.

6. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He played DT on passing downs but that's about it. He's had a shoulder problem since high school

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The staff should have him talk to malik Jackson. He's about to make a lot of money with that template

8. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He's also built like your prototypical NFL DE. If keeping him at DE keeps him from transferring then you need keep him at DE

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is a matter of keeping him and he's good enough to compete at the position, by all means I would let him stay at de.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was, but he played a lot of defensive tackle when he was healthy

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He rarely saw the field otherwise, though.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Hopefully he stays. Probably top 3 talent from last class.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This rumor has been going around for awhile so my guess is he is looking and will likely leave.

14. VB

VB Member

He has some people around him that don't like some of the staff. Philips likes UT but he's being influenced by the people around him.

From talking to people, it appears that they are just looking for reasons to leave.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I think Callahan slipped up and said a DC would affect Phillips' decision on 247.

Also, I'm convinced that we ran out of the I in the bowl game to keep Hurd from transferring.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't want them anyway. Rather have real men who eat, sleep, breathe, and bleed Tennessee Big Orange than any overhyped kids that wanna go elsewhere.

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Brent Hubbs just said he expects some of these guys to reevaluate their situation later on, but "Right now it looks like they're all coming back".

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's some great reporting.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think he believes he's made himself somebody.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Its gonna rain today. Unless it doesn't.

I should be a meteorologist.