Swain Event Will Live On

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LunaFreak, Jul 23, 2014.

1. LunaFreak

LunaFreak loves Bowling

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Nice. I like his show, and I think he is more polished than Ainge. Not surprised he landed a gig so fast.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has made some solid connection. I knew he would end up on his feet.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Great for him. Adding Jamal and Little will be great additions, as will the AM time slot.

5. Tenacious D

Now, Ainge and Hooker....

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Ainge will find a home pretty soon but Hooker could be looking for awhile.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Someone will gamble on Ainge.

As for Hooker, good luck. What radio station has he not worked for and not only burned, but nuked the bridge when he left?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I agree. The only thing holding Ainge back is he has not networked nearly as good as Swain. Having some quality sources and people that are willing to step up for you goes a long way. I still think he will land a gig fairly soon.

9. CardinalVol

I half think they should go together. Would be a good duo, but I doubt it would happen.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Ainge's childish ways hurts him.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And while he would benefit doing color or playing 2nd man to the lead, he wouldn't be able to do so. I am not sure he could keep quiet long enough.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I kind of thought the same thing too. I think Swain is trying to help him out but wants his own show.

13. Tenacious D

Were I Swain, and I liked Ainge, I think I'd just stick to hanging out on the weekends.

No need to tie yourself to him.

14. CardinalVol

That makes sense.

15. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The Ainge Event happened when it was announced TSR would close.

16. Tenacious D

This. And this.

I actually think that Ainge can be very informative and even somewhat entertaining, albeit in very short spells. The few times I listened, I felt like I was listening to a live feed from a frat house, not only replete with all manners of audible ass-grabbing, but seemingly built almost entirely on inside jokes that you didn't understand, but which you suspected weren't likely to be that funny, even if you did.

The jumping onto Tony B's show over the Cattleman fiasco was just a glimpse into the kind of crazy that he's capable of, if left unattended or to his own devices.

He could honestly be good - but he needs a co-host with a strong personality and an experienced presence to show him the ropes, and keep him reigned in. I honestly never got the impression that he was any more prepared / skilled to be on the radio than any other average fan / former athlete.

And, again, I don't dislike Eric Ainge, and I think he has the makings of being a good radio guy.....but he needs help to get there. Like Basilio, Dearstone, Hyams, etc.

Just my (largely) ignorant opinion.

As to Hooker, I have no idea. There's only so many places to work in Knoxville, at some point.

17. Tenacious D

I don't know what this means.

The Ainge Event - the name of Eric Ainge's Show? - only happened since TSR was announcing it was closing shop?

18. I suspect JayBay will find something on the new station(s) for his boi Ainge.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

A competitor for D, J, & H with a 50,000 watt signal. Should be interesting.

20. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Hard to see that happening if they go with the announced concepts.