Swamp People

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Mar 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Love those shows. Moonshiners is a good one also. I love the lifestyle of Swamp People, I tell my wife all the time that they all live forever because they have no cares and just really enjoy life and helping each other. I always threaten to move us down there so I can get away from my stressful job but my wife wont give up our lifestyle, oh well.

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I loved watching the big machines work. The feller has always fascinated me. A machine that could not only cut the tree but grab it and put it where it wanted to put it!

3. Oldvol75

I agree! Those people are just great people IMO! Living off the land and doing what it takes to survive!

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Got that right. Its like they live in their own country, I love it!

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

They seemed like real good people as well.

6. Oldvol75

Have to agree there too. A few years ago someone cut some timber behind my house. I sat out there and watched the guy running the feller. If I would have had the time I would have watched it all day. Its just amazing to watch people that really know what their doing. I've cut a lot of firewood in my day but never over two to three trees a day, but to see them go into about 25 acres and clear it out so fast was something else.

7. Oldvol75

I think we need to take a lesson here. We may need it one day.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

1st I heard of it. I'm pissed now too. Another great show that was cancelled by Discovery is Storm Chasers. It's unbelievable that they are canceling some of their best shows. Hard to beat crazy people driving into the center of a tornado. In addition, they are canceling the show after an epic season of shows from last year. I still have the April 27th outbreak show saved on my dvr. I am still amazed to see the devastation and the power displayed from those tornadoes. It doesn't make sense to kill a show about filming and chasing tornadoes during one of if not the most active periods for massive tornadoes and a period where the frequency of said twisters are increasing dramatically. We need to organize and voice our displeasure. Some folks over at Discovery have their heads up their asses it seems to me.

9. Oldvol75

You should have been down here living in it. We didn't suffer any damage but it hit about 2 1/2 miles as the crow flies. Stood on my front porch and watched it cross parallel to the house. It was the biggest tornado that I have personally ever seen. It did a lot of damage here in my area but no loss of life. There was one log cabin on the top of a hill that they only found 2 logs from it. One was buried about 15' in the ground with about 2 ' sticking out of the ground. The other was almost half way through a fire engine. Long ways.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No thanks OldVol. I am deeply sorry for the losses, but it still is fascinating to see that much raw power on display. I'll rely on Reed Timmer's films and pictures to get me 'close' to the massive storms. That's as close as I want to be. I hope the EF1 that I survived is the only one that I ever personally experience.