Tennessee A/V Creatives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If that’s the case, and I agree that it is, then give me 2-4 guys who are at least entertaining to listen to, or don’t do radio, at all.

Kesling is neither technically proficient nor entertaining. Worse, he’s been terrible from the outset and hasn’t significantly improved, despite damned near 20 years of doing it. I’d like to think that I could improve at just about anything, if given 20 years to practice it.

He not only foregoes the preeminent importance of providing tangibly information during each play, but instead replaces it with what amounts to nothing more than bantering jibberish and sputtered sentence fragments and which are unhelpful at best, and actually more confusing, at worst.

I’m sure he’s a very nice guy, probably does a lot of things well, and which I don’t see or can appreciate. I don’t personally dislike the guy, but he is terrible as a play-by-play radio announcer in calling football games.

Here is the highlight reel from the USC game. Hit play, and then turn away from the screen....and tell me what you know about each play, if only listening. In the first several plays alone, count how many times he mentions where shit is happening, or gives any inkling as to where the play has happened or has progressed as it relates to the field...or spacing...or direction....and which is, in my humble opinion, kind of the whole [uck fay]ing point.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

kesling is the original jinx and is the worst play by play man in sports. I had to listen for a couple minutes Saturday. "3rd and 11 from their own 19, Tennessee looking for a stop. Helinski fires, Its caught? What a catch. Touchdown South Carolina". Nothing like an 81 yard pass in 3 seconds for a td.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Great contribution, Jimmy.

4. Tenacious D

Exactly.

“Jennings lined up left...Calloway at the top of the screen....Shrout digs his left foot into the turf....Tim, you know that this field has been in excellent shape all season....I think it’s a fescue blend....Ty Chandler comes in motion....Wanya Morris seems to be favoring that left thumb....ball is snapped....Tim, that previous kick looked off from the moment it left his foot...looking for a long pass...could be setting up the screen to Pope....Tennessee has had some success with that this season....boy, you’d really like to see Tennessee put some points on the board, here.....Calloway probably broke that route off before Shrout expected it...heavy rush surrounding Shrout now....(crowd obviously erupts)...looking, looking....Brandon Kennedy really snapped that ball back there, Tim....TY CHANDLER TOTHACHEGGERBOARD!”

A-Smith, Beechervol and justingroves like this.
  5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Tenny for voice of the Vols?

6. Tenacious D

There'd be so many beeps, everyone would assume it was an amateur HAM radio operator practicing his morse code.

kmf600, RockyHill, IP and 1 other person like this.
  7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Damn, Big Jim was fired up.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is the only undefeated head coach in Tennessee history

NorrisAlan and Memtownvol like this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

That's how I felt when I met my wife

hohenfelsvol and Oldvol75 like this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Here we are 48 hours later and he’s still describing the opening kickoff

NorrisAlan and Tenacious D like this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was in his corner forever after that game, he had the time of his life

justingroves likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

upload_2019-10-28_21-7-38.jpeg

upload_2019-10-28_21-12-19.jpeg

NYY, warhammer, kptvol and 10 others like this.
  14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A-Smith likes this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

We must protect James Allen Chaney.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

18. PilotFlyingJ