Tennessee and social media

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, May 20, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Could you imagine Nick Saban doing this?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"Who the [uck fay] is Gus Duggerton and why in the hell are people asking me what I think about him becoming head coach at Alabama?"

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I'm pretty confident that any actual moral or ethical bankruptcy at Barstool (dirty jokes aren't evidence of moral and ethical bankruptcy) pales in comparison to what goes on at ESPN, Fox Sports, or any major news outlet in this country.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That's probably putting it mildly.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Went to high school with him too. I don’t recall him being like that when I knew him.

I think his head exploded when he started doing that show with Swain and it took off from there.

I don’t pay much attention to any local guys, though I do follow several of them on twitter. I don’t listen to local radio at all either, so I probably don’t have the best grasp on the local scene here. Basically, unless it’s Ubben, I don’t care since he’s the best reporter I can remember on our beat.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I watched his Cotton Bowl last night and selection. The Georgia job was offered to him first and he turned it down, was hilarious.

Over 60,000 people watched it live.

I don't care if it were Donald Trump Jr's 2014 dynasty, I'm in if it is showering love on the Volunteers.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had to work around him. He definitely got more egotistical and self important as time went on

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Is there a video of this?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know. He streams on twitch.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought Wes was ok and did pretty good work for the TFP covering the Dooley search. That’s about the time he got more on the radar and started to get douchey, too. He definitely kicked it up a notch when he started the show with Swain, and was a total ass to anybody who dared suggest Dooley wasnt getting it done.

he was pretty good covering the title ix stuff too I thought

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Barstool guys are definitely dickheads. Will always have a soft spot for PFT_Commenter's work, though.

Portnoy's pizza reviews on YT crack me up.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What are the odds Pruitt knows this tweet exists?

warhammer, Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

About 0.0125% plus or minus, more or less...give or take...a few

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

When I once named my create-a-coach George McGovern, my PS3 immediately exploded.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No comment

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Thanks Obama

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Portnoy is a terrible person despite finding myself often legitimately laughing out loud when watching his content. Big Cat and PFT are totally harmless though. If anything they are much closer to being a national treasure rather than being a stereotypical Barstool douche. Every male under 30 in America wants to drink a beer with/befriend Big Cat and PFT's entire character is uniquely original and hilarious. Having Big Cat pump up Tennessee even in something as silly as this is in no way a bad thing imo. I 100% understand why people are turned off by the Portnoys and KFCs of Barstool, but Big Cat and PFT are decent people. They have carved out their own highly relevant lane within the national sports media. I think Pardon My Take gets some of the best quality sports interviews right now by simply not taking everything so seriously with the athletes like traditional sports media always had.