Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i agree. i like the swagger. we haven't had that in years from that position.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Easy to have sawgger when all you've ever played against is trash. It'll be stupidity Saturday when UF runs two of his gunslinger attempts back for scores.

3. hatvol96

Arrogance is only warranted when you've done something. He's done squat.

4. egotistical

egotistical New Member

Simms had arrogance last year, probably still does.

5. hatvol96

How do you know? Who is the best team he's ever played against?

6. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I agree he hasn't played a strong d yet, however is it not a good sign he is shredding the teams he is supposed to shred? He has a long way to go, but he has done about all that could be asked of him at this point... at least there is some hope for the first time, in a long time.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Ain't happenin'.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i'm cautiously optimistic about Saturday. i don't know if we can win, but i don't get the feeling we're going to get our stool pushed in either. maybe we can get a turnovers than we give up be in a position to win late in the game.

i thought Bray handled himself well on the road last year at South Carolina, especially after he threw that INT for 6.

9. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

None really but that's not his fault. He's gonna have plenty of opportunities coming up this year.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

All I was/am saying is that for the first time in a long time, we appear to be a threat to any team we face.

Could it all turn to shit? Could this be a castle made of sand due to crappy opponents? Maybe. Even plausible.

But aside from Florida, we seem to be competitive with anyone in the East. Thus, Saturday is huge. I'll stand by that even if Tyler does throw 2 pick-sixes and we get blow out by 30.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Doubtful.

He will get hit, probably a lot, but he's throwing it up to two of the best WRs in country. They'll make plays on a bunch of young DBs.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is the first time since around 2001 where I believe Tennessee has an offense that can outscore anyone.

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't disagree, but I'm not terribly upset with young, talented, and overly cocky. He has some learning to do, but he is a sophomore. He's got time.

North Carolina minus 8 (or thereabouts.)

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

SCe was the best team he played against and played very well, especially after putting a pick 6, that can be laid at the feet of Chaney, behind him.

15. cotton

I had actually forgotten that he got the start in that one. I stand corrected.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

don't think he started. He might have, but he played the entire second half. I think he came off the bench, threw the pick and then played very well for the remainder.

17. cotton

My mistake. I think you are correct.

Simms 10/13, 153 and 1 TD

Bray 9/15, 159, 2 TD, 1 Int

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If memory serves (which is always in doubt) I thought the pick was on a zone blitz which is always a tough read- especially for a frosh QB.

19. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

If memory serves (which is always in doubt) I thought the pick was on a zone blitz which is always a tough read- especially for a frosh QB.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

was a quick slant that everybody in the stadium knew was one of the very few options we'd go to. Guy stepped in front and moved on. Really wasn't even a read. Very short drop and unload.