Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't think it was odd. I think the plan all along was for Simms to take a beating until we got to the fluff of the schedule, when Bray could come in as the conquering hero. The 2nd half against So Carolina was just prep for the fluff of the schedule.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm still not completely sold on Bray. If he tears UF up like he has torn it up the last two games, i will become a believer. I really don't see that happening though...

As far as winning the east, I'm not getting my hopes up. We will probably lose all 3 of the games against the west, and even if we win one, we are bound to slip aginst one of the three east teams.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Tennessee WILL win the East. I've been saying it for months.

4. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I get that sentiment and Bray still has plenty to prove. However if he struggles as a sophomore in The Swamp it won't overly concern me. He doesn't have the benefit of playing with an experienced team- the entire offense is very young as well.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not expecting another 400 yard game from him but I don't really see why people doubt has physical talent

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Game wasn't even out of reach. Tied up at the half and Bray evened it up again at 24 in the 4th.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The competition will clearly improve, so he won't have another xbox performance, but the guy can play...and so can his receivers. Don't know where hat's coming from with the 4-pick prediction. Florida's good, but not that good.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed. I'm expecting Bray to have some struggles against teams like Florida, LSU, and Alabama.

We still are one dimensional on offense. Until that's fixed, we'll have some rough games.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Again, directed at Indy and anyone else who seems to have missed the minutia of what I said: I said we can compete, are a dangerous team, and seem to be on the level with everyone in the East with the possible exception of Florida.

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can someone explain why everyone considers Bray to be very arrogant?

The worst thing I've seen is the throat slash, and even that seems very overblown.

If I'm missing something, let me know.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He smiles a lot.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay, i won't disagree with that. I feel like we have the weapons to beat any team if we click on that particular day. However, that doesn't give me confidence that it will happen. I really just think Bray will cool down once teams start pressuring him.

13. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

He's shrugged a couple of times as well.

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Seriously. Big deal. Tebow did worse at Florida, but nobody cared because he was all "praise God" afterward. Bray's cocky. After 8 years of shitty football in Knoxville, I'm glad to have some confidence back on the field.

[video=youtube;osBBYbQXQDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osBBYbQXQDQ[/video]

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think he lost two fumbles after holding the ball for 40+ seconds per play. That's what got him benched.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As for UF, they don't have the corners to really lock down Hunter and Rogers, as far as I can tell. The safeties are pretty decent and probably won't be too preoccupied with Poole, so that's a worry. The DL is full of highly touted guys that haven't done a whole lot. If Bray isn't able to pass it, I think it will have more to do with the complete lack of respect for our rushing attack.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bray may cool down after teams pressure him, but Florida may not be that team that pressures him. They haven't been looking super awesome against lower quality teams, thus far. Of course, perhaps they kept things vanilla. I don't know.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or Bray starts hitting Ryvera and Poole underneath.

Or Lane starts getting carries instead of Poole.

Or two of the best WRs in the country bail Bray out.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I can't see Lane improving things too much at this moment. Especially with the fumbles.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Eh, he's a lot harder to tackle than Poole. He gets caught up to the speed of the game, he'll do great things.