Tennessee can compete for the division THIS year.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 10, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

OJ Simpson ruined the throat slash for eternity.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It does suck that there are gifs and youtubes of him going from that to crying on the sideline.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

as of right now, i think Hunter and Rogers are legit. I'll be sold on Bray if he goes off on UF the way he did on Montana and Cincy. Lastly, i think Poole can be a solid back if the OL gets it in gear. The OLine looks terrible when we try to run the ball. Defense looks bad all around. not overly fast or athletic, poor tackling, not forcing enough turnovers. I just feel like a decent offense will exploit our defense, and a team will eventually figure out that Bray can't be perfect if you put some pressure on him. I really don't think we are as good as a lot of people seem to think.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's not.

It's called an emotional reaction after someone spits on you the play before.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's easy to be an attention whore when you play up the "woe is us we suck" role.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't understand why you would expect a sophomore making his first start outside the state of Tennessee to treat UF's D like he did Montana's. That's mildly retarded.

7. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

So a five second reaction in the last game of the season?

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

There's no way the bold is going to happen, IMO. He has been putting up XBOX numbers.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it does happen, (completes 77% of his passes with no turnovers and what, 4 TDs) Bray is your Heisman trophy winner and Tennessee has an outside shot to go undefeated imo.

I expect Bray to hit around 58% of his passes and get around 260 yards. If Muschamp is smart (and I think he's a good DC) he'll play way back and make Bray hit underneath routes all game long while putting tons of pressure on him. Two safeties way over top and all kinds of different zone blitzes. If Muschamp plays man up on Rogers and Hunter, Bray could have a big day but I don't expect it because that flies in the face of what Muschamp does.

Poole and Lane have to run well to balance out this O against the better Ds in the country. That being said, Bama, LSU and UF are the only 3 good to great Ds he'll face. USCe brings a lot of pressure but leaves itself wide open for deep balls which works in Tennessee's favor.

I expect UGA to have folded its tent by the time they come to Knoxville.

10. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Really? You think a bunch of sophomores might go off like they did against a I-AA opponent in their first trip to The Swamp? Feel free to join us back in reality at any time.

How many great players go off in The Swamp?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  11. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

not many....but it's all about finding a way to win. Bray needs to show us that he can find a way to win. obviously his biggest test as a Vol, thus far

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That is maybe the most specific prediction I can recall. If you are +/- 2% and 20 yards, you are picking my parlay card, and there are some prop bets I need to talk to you about.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I am being an attention whore because i don't think beating Cincy and [uck fay]ing Montana makes us the great football team everyone seems to now think we are.

If he is a great QB, he will continue to put up solid numbers no matter who the opponent is. If he only has big games against the Montanas and Cincys of the world, he isn't nearly as good as some people make him out to be.

so basically, what you are telling me is Bray can only put up great numbers against shitty teams? maybe you misread my post, but i said i DON'T think they are going to go off in the swamp. I fully expect us to lose, and i expect Bray to struggle.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You need help detecting sarcasm. I was joking.

What Bray has done against the first two opponents is XBOX style ridiculous numbers. No QB can keep that up unless Mike Leach is calling plays. To expect Bray to throw for 400 yards against UF and complete 81% of his passes is unrealistic. He doesn't turn the ball over and makes the plays he should, he's played well regardless of the score.

Tennessee's D needs a lot before Tennessee is a good team.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If I'm right, I'm buying a lottery ticket

16. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

No, you've been saying you still expect Bray to go absolutely off. You are saying not only should he be able to go off against the Montana's of the world, but also against the elite. That's absurd. What if he's something like 17-30, 240 yards, 2 TDs, 0 Ints and no bad plays? Compared to what he's been doing, that's very pedestrian, but he obviously isn't costing us the game. We're a young team going against a very talented defense. What if he goes 17-30, 200 yds, 1 TD, and 1 Int that ended up not mattering? You can't seriously expect a sophomore qb who has never played in a hostile environment to just be good immediately. If he absolutely sucks, that's very telling. If he's decent and maintains composure it's a good sign, even if we lose something like 27-21.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And if he doesn't go off, he's not "real".

18. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Basically I am saying you are acting like an idiot.

19. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

yeah, I guess I thought that was implied with the rest of my comment. Maybe not. Indy's made multiple comments in at least two different threads claiming Bray has to be lights out on fire to be "real."

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Bray's cocky disgrace to Tennessee football.