Tennessee Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 17, 2017.

1. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I agree about Gruden, I think that ship has sailed.

I think Patterson is either happy where he is or is waiting for a certain job that hasn't opened up yet. Kinda like Chris Petersen.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Auburn will hire Briles or Petrino so they are not to be worried about. The other 2 keep their coaches for 1 more year imo. Notre Dame is more likely than Florida to make a move if things go bad. McElwain blows but he has been to the SECCG 2 years in a row so that should buy him a small window.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Briles will not be a head coach anytime soon.

4. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I did find it interesting that Stoops followed 4 or more of our current commits.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That was just a dig at Auburn.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Agreed.

7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair. It is kind of their thing.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bill O'Brien did good things at Penn State before he told them all to kiss his ass

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Soon?

Tick-tock?

10. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Did he or has he followed commits of other schools? I just don't know why this is really a talking point.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Some people need a reason for hope.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We humans cannot help but see patterns in chaos, even if those patterns don't really exist.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You homo sapiens need to wise up.

14. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Definitely following Adrian Martinez and Lyn-J Dixon and another player. There are others he is following as well. Only SEC commits I saw in my quick scan were ours. TIFWIW.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He probably already has a relationship with them and/or connection to their high schools.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was probably recruiting them until he quit. Both had Oklahoma offers.

17. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Have you seen Oklahoma play in the last decade or so? Bob now loves his brothers and hates defense.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I can promise you that one... or more... of them says yes. Just because or administration has repeatedly shown this program mediocre, the coaching ranks knows where this job truly ranks in the hierarchy of college football. And it's time our fan base realizes it as well.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

In the 109 years before Dan Mullen arrived in Starkville, MSU had four nine win seasons. He's had three in the eight years he's been there. Before he arrived, the school record for consecutive bowl game appearances was three. MSU just went to their seventh straight last season. I don't think anyone here is arguing that he's a top ten coach, but the job he's done in Starkville is phenomenal.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Fair point.