Tennessee Coaching Search

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 17, 2017.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I know, he's even worse than Butch in that regard. However, if he's winning 10 games a season and competing for titles, I could stomach it.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Row that boat

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Just win.

I'd take Dabo right this second.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yes

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Shit yes. No question. Clemson has been ranked no lower than 6th for 2 straight years, 28 consecutive polls. Dude is firmly at the elite level.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And he's a carnival barker with elite assistants. He wears his k mart Clemson sweatshirt and stays out of the way

7. KennyR

KennyR Member

Jim Bob Cooter or Tee Martin would me my 1st calls. Gruden would be but not sure that's even a fantasy any longer.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

After the first 10-15 say no thanks?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why on earth?

10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I don't know who it should be. But you take 2 or 3 at the most - say Kelly, Stoops, Gruden - and you dont take no for an answer. At some point the money/control/whatever becomes an offer too good to refuse.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Smart enough to surround himself with talent, on and off the field, and play his role. Not the best coach, but best promoter and Head Cheerleader in America at this point in time.

I'd take him today. Don't know that he'd duplicate the success he's had at Clemson - he's got lightning in a bottle over there - but he'd dominate this piss poor division we're in.

12. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

We're just in a real, real bad quandry until Saban retires or gets run over by a bus. End of story.

Nick Saban is 65 and shows no signs of going anywhere.

The coach to be had who you KNOW can beat Saban isn't available, and/or (IMO), isn't willing to take a Tennessee team to do it.

At this point, just find me a guy who can win the East with extreme prejudice.

I don't know who that is. Instead of trying to figure out who the next Saban/Meyer/Sweeney is, I'm just trying to figure out who can coach a team to beat UF and UGA and win the East every year....

Who can outcoach the likes of McEllwain and Kirby?

Who is the guy willing to take a Tennessee team, with it's bullshit university administration in play, and accomplish such a feat?

I don't know.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This, all day.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

anybody with a southern accent that can coach a team to line up and run down their throats on first sound from the 1 after a big 3rd down play. I'm in.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And he's a standup guy who draws people to Clemson. Our clown makes us a laughingstock every time he opens his cliche spouting lie-spewer.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saban has lost to every West school except the trash ones (actually did lost to Ole Miss, twice). He isn't invincible. Destroy our pathetic division, then face him after his team has had to go through the West grind. Give him hell for one game in Atlanta and we can win. Might not be all the time, or even half the time, but we can win.

17. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

He's kind of a pariah.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes. A thousand times, yes.

19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

At this point beating Saban and bammer is about 40th on the wish list for UT football. Simply looking competent in the three phases would suffice. If UT is well coached and just gets beat because the other team has more dudes, so be it. There has to be a longer list than three names that can achieve that at a place like UTK.