Tennessee football HS State Championships

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PilotFlyingJ, Nov 30, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Anyone going?

I'll be there all day Friday if anyone wants to meet up with my bald fat ass.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was, but i just changed my mind

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Try to catch Lipscomb academy if you haven't. Rhe pummeled a good cpa team first time so I'm sure cpa will have tried to adjust. 2 former NFL qbs. LA qb going to Cincy. Rb to BC. They can play.
    Dilfers sideline is a little much though. Someone said they have 24 asst coaches. Not kidding. Think it was on a game broadcast.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Happened last year too. They beat CPA in regular season, CPA won the rematch in state finals. CPA has made state finals 4 years in a row. CPA's only losses this year were to Lipscomb, and 6a Oakland (almost pulled that one out, could've kicked a FG to send it to OT but went for the W and goal-line stand got em).

Also, there are way too many divisions in Tennessee. No need for 6a, and definitely no need for 3 D2 divisions.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nope.

Gimme

Mckenzie
    Westview
    Alcoa
    Elizabethton
    Powell
    Oakland

Don't really care about d2.

6. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm glad they moved these to Chattanooga this year.

I am a proud Tennessee Tech alum, but I always thought it was weird they hosted these at Tucker Stadium of all places.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cookeville offered most $$$$$$$$$$ They did a nice job hosting, but the stadium was a dump.

Chattanooga will be nice. Too bad the two obvious stadiums are both grass fields and will never be offered.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Great drunk fan moment from the Maryville vs. Cleveland title game in 1970.

CardinalVol likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

Damn I didn't know LA already played CPA. Lipscomb with a 27-0 win. They would beat this mccallie or mba team.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Oh I get it.

It's just that that venue is about the most underwhelming environment possible for a state title game.

Tech is past due for an upgrade on that stadium 30 years ago.

11. Ssmiff

Mckenzie in 1A has a kid in OL that's 5'11 342 and pulling about every play I've seen, crushing little defenders

12. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s kinda weird growing up out there and McKenzie is a powerhouse now

13. Ssmiff

Where is it?
    Nm I Googled. My dad grew up in and played for Lexington so we would stop at Bozos BBQ and visit Lexington often while hitting the catfish place on the lake

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Half of all TN high schools use Rocky Top as their fight song.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

We didn’t use it as the fight song but it was definitely played

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Martin is middle of nowhere. McKenzie is middle of nowhere-er.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

Also Robert Hubbs III coming out of Dyer Co was weird to me, when I was in high school they played 2-3 zone and played stall ball

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

My school, East, I thought, played Alcoa reasonably tough, but were undermined by some horrific special teams play (And a blown fumble call). That reasonably could've been a 7 point game going into the 4th quarter. Our punt team had been a disaster waiting to happen all season, though, and I'm sure Alcoa saw it on film.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

South Pitt just about blew it with the dumbest formation and playcall you can make

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

South Pitt beating them is one of the biggest upsets that the state has seen in a championship game. Hell, it may be the best hs game I've ever seen.