Tennessee football HS State Championships

Discussion in 'Sports' started by PilotFlyingJ, Nov 30, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Lol they had 5 men in the backfield in their victory formation.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

East Nashville gave Alcoa fits. If there is a fanbase that badly needs a few years in the wilderness, it's Alcoa. They weren't pleasant to be around to say the least.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Thats how I feel about Maryville fans. Every game I’ve been to it’s 21-0 before you sit down, 42-0 at halftime and necks are screaming “hey ref he HOLDIN” you know what, I think you’re gonna be fine

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Walter Nolen injured his knee. Couldn’t put weight on it coming off the field.

edit: guess he’s ok because he’s back in the game

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's either really banged up or he has a crush on the chubby water girl that comes out with the trainer.

InVolNerable likes this.
  6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Being from around here, I can't ever call a South Pitt state title an upset.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Where are you from?

South Pitt has talent but nothing compared to prior squads that have routinely moon walked to the state semis. I was a part of a staff that split a 4 game series with them in the early 2010s and those teams were loaded with Robinsons, Hales, and Joneses. This team didn't have anything close to that in the skill positions but scrapped and outworked a vastly superior Mckenzie team today.

Shit, even Chattanooga Times reporter/long time South Pitt loyalist Stephen Hargis predicted a 3 TD route today.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

His behavior/antics/shenanigans tonight would have had many coaches questioning their dogged recruitment of him. Right now isn't the best time to go into details so I'll just leave it right now with this image for everyone to digest.

After the second time in the first half when a play ended with a motionless Walter Nolen lying dead on the field only to be revived a moment later akin to a New Testament miracle, the customary applause to an injured player wasn't afforded to Nolan by the Powell fans. His Lazarus act was met by the low hum of murmurs and eye rolling by the majority of the Panther fans.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Chattanooga. I get that it's an upset, but that's a proud, proud football program.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

CPA beat MBA this year 24-10. So I'd say Lipscomb would probably have a good shot too.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Geez, just looked at their schedule - they had 5 straight shutouts (with 2 forfeits in between some) and averaged 51.8 points during that same stretch.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He did the same thing when Anderson County played Powell. Hobbled off, crowd booed AC hard, and ten minutes later, he is back in. And for a guy that big, when we played Powell, he was hardly noticeable on most plays.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Huh.

It's almost like I know what I've been talking about.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Has anybody debated it? My FIL and his brother rotated between Pall and Anderson Co games this fall and have said the same thing about Nolan.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Also, it’s time for Alcoa to move up in classification.

16. CardinalVol

Prevailing opinion is he'll change in college because he's so good now and I don't see it. Never have and I'll have to see it ve believe it.

Although the wild nolen formation is something to behold.

17. CardinalVol

And Alcoa ain't moving up as long as Rankin is there. He'd figure out a way to move down to 1A if he could.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looking forward to that 6a game tonight. Vol hoops, sec champ, 6a game. It's cloudy out. I won't move much today

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Correct. However, that doesn’t mean it isn’t time and I can’t put asterisks next to them in my person record book moving forward. I’m just not impressed with them anymore.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

Exact same here. I've had it there for 2 or 3 years. I'm not sure 4A would be that challenging.