Tennessee Offers Butler's Holtman

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 30, 2015.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The fact he didn't throw assistants under the bus, even if they were deserving of it, is one of the most redeeming qualities of this hire for me.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you think he was ever in danger of actually being fired?

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you obviously don't read the texas message boards. the entire fanbase wanted him gone. not many coaches are willing to let the AD decide who is on their staff.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you like that quality in Butch?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes. Now I question his ability to make hires. But if you're going to hire a head coach as an AD, you either let him bring people he wants, or you hire a better head coach.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

seems to me the texas AD wanted him to quit so he could avoid paying the buyout.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or at least didn't care if he did, obviously. Which is fine. Sometimes marriages sour.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah doesn't mean he's terrible or something. hell we got tenn's castoffs at cal.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wouldn't call him a castoff. I wanted him. Apparently many of the other fans and more importantly the uppity boosters didn't.

If he can get a few players, he'll win you some games.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's not that dissimilar of a situation. things at both texas and tenn became too toxic for the relationship to continue.

he's about to land a top 10 player in Rabb and we have an outside shot at the greatest recruiting class in cal history since we are also in with 2 other top 10 players.

11. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Message boards fire coaches every day. Shockingly, athletic directors generally disregard such sage advice.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not if it coincides with what the alumni base thinks too.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good luck in the NIT. I'll be pulling for you guys.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Thanks!