Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 615 Vol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Becoming more and more difficult not to think CJ is one of those "shut it down after getting paid" guys.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Any thoughts on Bengals v. Titans today? I like our defense against your offense, but every game is its own adventure with Cincinnati. I feel a let down on our end, but enough to get by at 16-13. Who dey!

3. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

It is a very important game for both teams. The Bengals should win. I'm not that impressed with their offense, but they can run the ball and the Titans can't. Unless Chris Johnson magically awakes, it is going to be a rough day for the Titans. Dalton should be able to make enough plays to win.

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

The Titans are what they are.

Dalton's final stats won't overwhelm you, but he made a lot of nice throws throughout the game. He and Green are shaping up to be quite a formidable duo. I've gotta think that offense is even better when Gresham is on the field, too.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

CJ not getting his yards is killing our offense. We're unable to sustain drives and get the 3rd and shorts because of it. I'm not buying that it's the OL, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and start running.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you would have told me that the Titans would be 4-4 with CJ playing like an ass hole, I would have taken it and loved it.

Is anyone really surprised that the guy is sucking, given the off-season timeline?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It is even more surprising given their modest run game so far.

Defense has been the difference though. I heard somewhere that the Bengals have on average the best starting field position in football.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought he would be off, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

I think he's going to pull a Shaun Alexander and just fold up after getting millions of guaranteed cash.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Except Alexander was a physical back that thrived on running at folks. Johnson rarely absorbs significant contact. I imagine he still has some years ahead of him.

Though, any running back that lasts longer than 4 or 5 good years in the league is an anomaly. Think of a guy like Rudi Johnson. He trucked dudes for three years straight and then just magically disappeared.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is definitely some physical tipping points in being an every-down runner, but CJ hasn't had enough contact to be anywhere near them.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shaun Alexander went from a what, 28 TD season to all but quitting after he got paid. He laid down, he didn't get beat up.

I agree. His wallet is slowing him down.

He got his contract and he believes he can just lay down.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's not the way I would interpret his career. He got hurt a bunch and still had some big games. Breaking bones doesn't appear to me to be a preparation issue... it is an old man issue.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I may be letting my hatred of all things bama cloud my judgement on him. It seemed like he went from being a super productive RB, got paid and all but quit.

Guys like Rudi Johnson, like you mentioned earlier, just burnt out. Shaun seemed to just milk it.

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

No worries. The Seahawks shouldn't have given that much money to a 30-year old with six seasons on his legs.

I have a buddy that believes you shouldn't ever pay any amount of money for running backs, especially trying to re-sign them. Pick someone off the waiver wire and as long as he blocks and doesn't fumble, consider it a win. With the exception of Adrian Peterson, he appears to be onto something.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

With the injury to Schaub, it seems that doors continue to open for the Titans. At 5-4, can they win 9 or 10 games? That will certainly win this division now with Schaub out.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Feel obligated to post about how horrible the Titans defense was yesterday. I can't believe they only gave up 23.

And no, I don't think the Titans are going to win the division. 2 games back with 6 to play, and they still have to play the Saints. I don't see Houston doing that badly.

17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Agree. Even if the Texans tank, it's not like the Titans are going to jump up and grab the division from them.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Yeah the Titans are most likely done.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Locker time. Get him minutes, so we can hit the ground running next season. We're done.

20. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Good win for the Titans today. That will keep them in the playoff hunt a little while longer. It is a good time to have a stretch of bad defenses to play. Johnson was able to get it going again today. Every game down the stretch, except the Saints, is a winnable game.