Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 615 Vol, Oct 19, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

They need the Jets to win in order to force a three way tie and to get past the head-to-head with the Bengals, if I understand it all correctly.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So if I understand correctly, for the Titans to make the playoffs:
    1. Titans must beat Houston
    2. Jets must beat Miami
    3. Ravens must beat the Bengals
    4. Either Denver or Oakland must lose

Does that sound right?

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I think so

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Titans almost blew their shot, but they finish 9-7. Now we have to root for Baltimore, Oakland, and Denver.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If the oilers get in because of a bad shotgun snap, I will cry.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Titans still need a bunch of help.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Titans need Denver to win, and Bengals to lose now? Is that right?

I can see why Tennessee is the buckle of the Bible belt. Totally dependent on miracles in sports.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, CBS must just want to create extra drama. By my count, if the Bengals lose the Titans are in. Nothing else really matters.

9. CardinalVol

Bengals won head to head.

Bengals must lose, oakland and denver must win.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

How does Denver and Oakland matter? I'm missing something.

11. CardinalVol

If both win, denver would win the west and then the titans would win the 3 way tiebreaker of them, bengals and raiders since all would be 9-7. I think it is afc conference record.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And what is the problem if Oakland loses?

And doesn't the Titans have the tie-breaker over Denver? They won head to head.

13. CardinalVol

Then titans and cinnci are tied at 9-7 and cinnci beat the titans thus they are in.

And you forget denver wins the west if they win.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, I see. We need the AFC West guys to win to force a multiple tie-breaker scenario.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

San Diego just went up on Oakland and Tebow just jumbled the ball away in the red zone. At least the Ravens are up.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Oakland's defense isn't helping us. And it seems like the offense is happy with field goals.

Nothing to complain about, though. The Titans had every chance to make the playoffs this season and they choked hard and often.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  17. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

That was almost the most Titans ending ever today. Fumble, Houston TD and the winning two point conversion because they had nothing to lose... Almost.

At least it won't be like 2006 when everything fell the Titans way on the last Sunday, except them winning themselves.

Pretty amazing that they ended up 9-7 with two of those losses to the Colts and Jaguars.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those losses to the Colts and Jaguars is why I won't shed a tear when we don't make it. You have to win those sort of games.

19. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Now that the year is over, what do you think about Munchak's performance.

20. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not bad for a first year coach overall. What I thought would be the strength of this team proved to be the weakest area (rushing). I would have thought he and Bruce would have been able to take an already good OL and make them elite. If I'm not mistaken, the Titans finished 31st in rushing which is inexcusable. The one thing I believe Munchak needs training on is when to use a challenge flag. I can't recall specifics, but there were multiple head scratching challenges. If I had to give him a letter grade it would be a B since they were on the brink of making the playoffs.