Tennessee to spend a week of training camp at Milligan College

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 17, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am trying to think of rules stuff though.

Is the 20 hour rule in effect since it's summer camp? And will they be able to do two-a-days in this time?

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

This team needs something like this in my opinion. My guess is that they will do fundamental football stuff while there, in the process of trying to get these boys to be hard nosed. I know that the movies always portray a pretty picture about things like this, but my guess is that it will be a positive, and could give them that grit to win a game or two in the 4th quarter, so long as it doesn't come to Palardy.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No Civil War cemeteries around that I'm aware of. That's one issue.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Ahhh, but Dooley can one up Denzel and take the kids to Fort Watauga and tell them about John Sevier and the Overmountain Boys. Screw the Civil War, we can go with the Revolutionary War. Show 'em where Davy Crockett was born... even bring along whoever plays Davy Crockett at the games.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The process wins again!

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How much emphasis is put on weight training during fall camp? They could always split the team up for workouts.

7. JayVols

Andrew Johnson's home and grave is in nearby Greeneville, too.

And there you have your Civil War element.

8. JayVols

Not much, really. More of a maintain workout if any.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That's what I thought.

10. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

they could stop there on their way back to Knoxvegas. BOOM.

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I wonder what song they'll end up singing together in the locker room that will result in the easing of previously built-up tensions and the creation of new unseverable friendships?

Smart money is on 'Gotye -- somebody that I used to know'.

12. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Maybe it will turn into a "Junction Boys II"!

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Don't mention me. He'd deny access to everyone. Now Nate Meade, Chris Gordon and Brad Hill you can name drop me. Not Mark Fox.

14. JayVols

Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, hey hey,, goodbye?

Or

We Are the World.

Or

Man in the Mirror.

Just some thoughts.....

15. JayVols

I see how it is. Bill says, "I'll see your softball coach and raise you the Dean of Students......" as he puts on his blank stare and sunglasses.

If anyone is interested, WXSM 640 AM is supposed to put an interview with Fox that happened today up on it's website. Bobby Rader did the interview. Supposed to be on their site in the AM.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Here's what I know - being surrounded by multi-million dollars worth of spaciously state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, having their every whim catered to by a bevy of support staff doesn't seem to have gotten us jack-shit.

That is, besides a roster primarily filled with candy-assed athletes who sport a grotesquely and comically misplaced sense of self-importance and accomplishment.

Let them be cramped. Let them be uncomfortable. Remind them what it's like to play on a pot-marked soccer field that's more dirt and rocks than grass - much less finely pedicured turf, real or otherwise.

Perhaps a similiar reminder might have served some other players well in the recent past, who ended up in places just like that, anyway, only they didn't get to leave after a week.

I agree with IPO, it's such a tremendously good idea as to effectively rule out Dooley as its originator.

17. JayVols

Tenny, the Baptist, has spoken.

I think it has the chance to do some good, IF it is sold the proper way. Could be Rockyesque in that the high falootin' training site focused more on style than substance only got Rocky's ass kicked by Clubber Lang. Enter Apollo Creed who takes Rocky to Cali to train in the shithole he came up in. Result? The once proud heavyweight champion with more heart and muscle than brains, Rocky, rediscovers his passion/agression, overcomes the loss of Mickey, and transforms himself from the uninspired, pampered, entitled, scared, and mentally broken brute into a fast as greased lightning lean mean ass-kickin' machine that once again eats lightning and craps thunder! Go Vols!!!!! That would be awesome....

But alas, Dooley will probably find some way to [uck fay] it up. I also hope Barbara doesn't take Adrian's beachfront pep talk role. She would just enable Precious by allowing him to continue thinking that everyone should bow down to him just because he's Derek [uck fay]ing Dooley, son of a legendary football mind and expert on nearly everything. She'll probably remind him that Vince coached a little ball at one time, too.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

What are the odds that Gruden suggested this??? I kid, I kid :)

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If Tenny is really a baptist, he uses bigger words than any Baptist I have ever met

20. tripper

tripper Member

Any other programs out there that have done this beside the Titans and the 1954 Junction Boys?