Tennessee to spend a week of training camp at Milligan College

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 17, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Was just a reference to the brevity of his posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of his writings.

2. tripper

tripper Member

On a side note, the camp in "Remember the Titans" was filmed at Berry College in Rome, GA. They have the largest contiguous campus about 25,000 acres in the US. They used Ford Alumni Center as the backdrop for that particular scene.

Berry.jpg

3. tripper

tripper Member

On a side note, the camp in "Remember the Titans" was filmed at Berry College in Rome, GA. They have the largest contiguous campus about 25,000 acres in the US. They used Ford Alumni Center as the backdrop for that particular scene.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
  4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

As am I. I see the parallel. Most Baptist preachers are long winded, as are Tenny's posts.

5. tripper

tripper Member

Can't seem to insert pics. Any advice?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I surrounded the jpg link with [​IMG]. You can hit edit on that post and see.

7. tripper

tripper Member

Thanks. Does that work with PNG files?

8. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Every time I go to Rome I drive through Berry College. They have a massive deer herd there. Deer walk around the campus all the time. If you like to watch deer, its easy to see at least 100 every time you go.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure, but it would be the first thing I try.

10. tripper

tripper Member

Dad lives there. We stopped counting one time at a 125. They give out permits now to try and cull the massive herd. Great place to mountain bike, hike, etc... What Truett Cathy has done there at Winshape is truly amazing.

11. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I've preached quite a bit. All my dad has ever told me beforehand is "Keep it short, bud. Keep it short."

12. JayVols

You know anyone that used to coach/coaches football at Pepperill (sp?) HS?

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  13. JayVols

Are you a "hah" preacher?

Example: I tell you, hah, that one day, hah, the meek, hah, shall inherit, hah, the earth, hah.

If so, what is the maximum numbers of syllables one can say before they are required to insert a "hah"?

14. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Ha. I wish. Ha.

Do get a kick out of hearing those guys on the radio.

15. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I have heard several of those before.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Most of the time when one is doing the hah it means they are in the spirit so its usually a pretty good sermon to be honest.

17. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

[video=youtube;PU4szw1PumA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4szw1PumA[/video]

Any chance that the UT team starts doing this once they get back from Johnson City?

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

[video=youtube;j0SgBOREvb8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0SgBOREvb8[/video]

If Dooley ever gives this speech, we will win the national championship. Book it.

19. JayVols

Possibly. Not being sacrilegious at all, but it could also just be tourette's.

I'm not big on the screamers and shouters or the "hah" preachers. They make me nervous.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I like it better. I enjoy the service more if the preacher is really into it.